Any idea if this would work for a US guy who wants Bev

braindead

Original poster
Apr 28, 2005
Under a bridge
Any idea if this would work for a US guy who wants Bev

I could tell Bev that I have a summer home in Canada (I live in Michigan), and give them a fake address up there (real city and street but not a real number). I would already have a working receiver and card (from canam seems cheapest).

But I would have no Canada phone, and have to use my US phone to subscribe and make changes (which would be rare). I would be using my US credit card (which I note in another post seems to not be a problem).

Thanks.

hi kusat has pretty good pricing, you need a broker to get connected.
unless you you live canada, if bev thinks you are in the states they
black list your receiver.

braindead said:
I could tell Bev that I have a summer home in Canada (I live in Michigan), and give them a fake address up there (real city and street but not a real number). I would already have a working receiver and card (from canam seems cheapest).

This is where your plan comes apart. I used to use a real Canadian address but they entered it wrong in their system and the bills got returned for bad address. After 6 returned bills they unsubscribed my service even though it had been paid. I called in through their backdoor number and the girl told me that if they get returned bills they do this to force the subscriber to call in. She turned it back on and supposedly corrected the address.

About 4 months later they did it to me again. I was using a friend's fax number in Canada. One day his son was home and answered the fax phone and said "Who? There's nobody here by that name." They then killed it again for bad phone number. That's why I switched to a broker. It was getting to be too much of a hassle. Now that they're doing these calls asking for the Location ID from the setup screeen they're making it even more difficult plus the Nagra2 activation call-in on top of that.

Correct, but to call them you can always dial the direct (416) number and use *67 to block caller id.
You will still need a valid canadian address though.

pretzelboy said:
plus the Nagra2 activation call-in on top of that.
Do you mean for the card swap? If so, then that is a problem. But with the swap out soon to be done, the issue will become mute.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)