Any idea what the current number of Videocipher Subscribers is?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Davage

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 26, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
It has been a while since I've seen the C-Band subscriber numbers published from the Motorola Access Control Center.

Does anybody know what the current number of C-Band subscribers on Videocipher or Digicipher is?

Yes, all I have seen is VC2 subs as well. I'm really curious what VC2 and DC2 sub numbers are. I'm just pulling a guess out of the air when I say that I think that the VC2 subs is probably in the 25,000 range. Not much left on VC2.

I am a VC2 and DC2 sub right now. My VC2 board has been acting up, so I pulled it out of my 4DTV cage, and the 4DTV unit has been working fine ever since. I was having problems with the receiver rebooting for no reason at all. I was also hearing a very faint clicking sound coming from the unit. That clicking sound is gone, and the Digicipher is working fine now. The Weather Channel is the only thing that I was really using the board for anyways. I'm just going to let that subscription expire, which will reduce the VC2 subscriber numbers by 1 more..

VC+ modules are pretty cheap right now
I bought one a couple of months ago with new battery for $15 shipped.

As more and more services end analog, we'll see those VC2 numbers drop more and more. I expect with the impending end of HBO-East in the middle of next month on analog that there will be a huge drop in VC2.

I think the only reason they publish analog VC2 stats are to say C band is dying to further the small dish companies. In all reality those stats are in line with the available dropping analog services. They will probably never want people to realize that there are other options out there. Most of us still using C band upgraded to 4DTV anyhow. That sort of makes those #s irrelevant. Try to buy a new 922, they sell out as soon as they come in. I've been waiting almost 2 months to get my replacement 922.

How about the figures for the DSR410 subs? That's another great SD option the big guys probably don't what the public to learn about. Not everyone is driven by HD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)