Any ideas to get out of my contract?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Wiggin78

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 4, 2005
Redding, CA
So does anyone have a sure fire way to get out of a 6 month contract without paying the $250 termination fee? i mean besides the fact that we have had a crap load of problems with Voom. We are going to switch to DISH until Direc's HD Tivo comes down in price. :shocked

Wiggin78 said:
So does anyone have a sure fire way to get out of a 6 month contract without paying the $250 termination fee? i mean besides the fact that we have had a crap load of problems with Voom. We are going to switch to DISH until Direc's HD Tivo comes down in price. :shocked

I recommend letting the other party involved in the contract break their side of the deal. If they decide to terminate then they will owe you the $250.

(Just a random thought... I don't know if the wording will allow this, I don't have a copy of the contract.)

Wiggin78 said:
So does anyone have a sure fire way to get out of a 6 month contract without paying the $250 termination fee?
Sure. Wait six months. :D Seriously though, no. Maybe you'll get lucky and Voom'll go dark before then. Another option: just stop paying.

Hey If You Could Buy A Hdtv Why Worrying 150.00. You Already Have 1 Month. And 1400.00 Worth Of Equipment?. Why Wine, Before The Right Time

As long as they continue to provide programming you are obligated. You agreed to the terms of the contract. I was going to dump E* once Voom was installed. I would have owed E* money.

I would not jump ship until they Voom goes dark or announces plans to do so. At that point, both E* and D* will probably have some sweet offers to sign you up.

You will be waiting a long time for D* to drop the price of their hardware. No point buying it now anyway as it will be a boat anchor when they go MPEG-4.

I cancelled Voom yesterday and had the $250 fee waved. It just seems like the time to jump ship. E* is being installed on Wed. with no contractual obligation, an HD receiver, and a DVR. I liked Voom but they just didn't deliver.

I don't understand why anyone would cancel. We've still got the same programming we've had all along, with nothing but speculation regarding what's going to happen.
So what's different about VOOM today then say 1/1/05? Nothing.
If it was worth your monthly fee then, it should be worth your monthly fee now.

Lob

I did mean waived... And the fact that Voom might go dark isn't the main reason we are jumping. We have had numerous problems with reception, billing, freezing, and insaller troubles. Don't get me wrong i love Vooms HD and the programming seemed to be getting better but all of the problems are not worth the extra 4 original channels that I actually watch. If Voom makes it and can offer dvr and locals (HD or not) then we will be back.

Lobstah said:
I don't understand why anyone would cancel. We've still got the same programming we've had all along, with nothing but speculation regarding what's going to happen.
So what's different about VOOM today then say 1/1/05? Nothing.
If it was worth your monthly fee then, it should be worth your monthly fee now.

Lob

They are trolls trying to stir up some shcrap.

Wiggin78 said:

Try jumping off a cliff..., oh, but you just did that... went to Dish....

I've had both, and Vooms is so-o-o much better (SD picture quality and HD programming).

All I can say is, I don't miss Dish for a minute, but I will cry if Voom goes dark.

Bailing early from VOOM now is like kicking a fine lapdancer off your lap at 1:00 AM because you think her shift ends at 2:00AM. Then you go with a skank that you think might be working till 3:00AM.

Enjoy the fine lap dance until she says she has to leave!!! :D

If she leaves, then, and only then, look to the skanks waiting to pick up business. :yes

Hell she may live at the place and never leave!!! :smug

Ronald_Jeremy said:
Bailing early from VOOM now is like kicking a fine lapdancer off your lap at 1:00 AM because you think her shift ends at 2:00AM. Then you go with a skank that you think might be working till 3:00AM.

Enjoy the fine lap dance until she says she has to leave!!! :D

If she leaves, then, and only then, look to the skanks waiting to pick up business. :yes

Hell she may live at the place and never leave!!! :smug
Yeah, good post!

...but if you'll excuse I have to go take a shower now. Somehow I feel dirty... ;) :D

I'd rather have the skank that goes all the way. Please me don't tease me. Locals are 90% of what we watch and Voom can't deliver. "Look, I go to you. I stick up for you. You no help me now, I say, fu** you, Joboo. I do it myself." :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts