Any info on Multi-Room DVR?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rshapiro6

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 8, 2004
Just a few question for those who may have gotten the new Multi-Room DVR.

How many hours and what size drive is included? Can it be expanded?
What kind of network are the shows shared on? Customers home network, dedicated network? Over Coax, ethernet?
Can you send HD over the network? Meaning, is HD tied only to the home DVR, or can I continue watching a show IN HD on other boxes in the house. Just concerned over the bandwidth required to send HD signal.

Thanks...

same size as regular dvr.

currently can not be expanded.

currently, you can only stream to SD boxes and only SD programming.

will be streamed over your current coax.

i have the home media and right now i have mixed feeling on it. i have to reboot all the boxes alot to make the recorded tv feature show up on the SD boxes. if i could do it over, i would get two dvr's instead of one multiroom. hopefully they get the bugs fixed with their major software update coming out soon.

2 dvrs are ok

same size as regular dvr.

currently can not be expanded.

currently, you can only stream to SD boxes and only SD programming.

will be streamed over your current coax.

i have the home media and right now i have mixed feeling on it. i have to reboot all the boxes alot to make the recorded tv feature show up on the SD boxes. if i could do it over, i would get two dvr's instead of one multiroom. hopefully they get the bugs fixed with their major software update coming out soon.

Sometimes I wish I had 2 DVRs also....The multi-room DVR is nice because it enables me to watch HD programming on the connected TV with maximum capabilities of 480i. Eventually I'll upgrade to a 'real' HD TV:eureka

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts