Any info on when we'll see (hear) Dolby Volume in new receivers?

shanewalker

Overall, an O.K. Guy
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 15, 2005
KC/MO!
Dolby Volume is THE technology that I'm most excited about in the realm of home audio. Anyone who's been driven crazy by wildy fluctuating/unpredictable volume levels when switching sources or channels (or hit with loud commercials during program breaks) understands where I'm coming from here. An intelligent set of algorithms/signal processing that essentially re-mixes to a set volume level on the fly, maintaining detail and a full mix. Nice.

Check out the various news/PR releases and better yet listen to the Dolby podcast if you're unfamiliar with this tech and you want to get more info.

The folks at Dolby have been working on this technology for over 5 years and I have to say, beyond HDMI switching, more than decoding of all the new surround formats (TrueHD, DD+, etc.), this is THE single feature that will truly push me to upgrade my A/V receiver. I can work around all the other 'wants' (and have)...this will demand my money as it will IMHO truly change/enhance the full home theater experience.

So, big question as I haven't seen any real tip-offs on when we can expect to see Dolby Volume turn up in hardware: TVs, players, but receivers, especially?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)