Any INHD update?

mwgiii

Gaming Guru & Pub Member
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Birmingham, AL
Just curious if the FCC has done anything with the VOOM complaint about INHD or if anything is happening between VOOM & INHD.

I am really interested in this. I had a chance to watch INHD1 & 2 at a family member's house over the Thanksgiving holidays. I was really impressed. IMHO, I like INHD more than I like the HDNets.

Mike

mkwillia said:
I am really interested in this. I had a chance to watch INHD1 & 2 at a family member's house over the Thanksgiving holidays. I was really impressed. IMHO, I like INHD more than I like the HDNets.

Mike

I agree....I have HDNET right now with Directv...and I hardly watch it. I used to love watching the NHL on HDNET. Without the NHL HDNET doesnt have much for me. I guess since I have had HDNET now for a year or so , I would like the change. I wish VOOM could add INHD.

vinnyv07 said:
I agree....I have HDNET right now with Directv...and I hardly watch it. I used to love watching the NHL on HDNET. Without the NHL HDNET doesnt have much for me. I guess since I have had HDNET now for a year or so , I would like the change. I wish VOOM could add INHD.
I agree...everyone I know prefers the INHDs over the HDNETs. Arrgghh...you mentioned the NHL lockout. :no :mad: :( :river

Yeah, but they have to abide by the same rules as every other network. Since they broadcast on satellites to the various cable companies that have that channel they have to allow satellite companies to get it as well.

Neutron said:
Yeah, but they have to abide by the same rules as every other network. Since they broadcast on satellites to the various cable companies that have that channel they have to allow satellite companies to get it as well.
i keep hearing that but there has to be some loophole bacause no one else has it,

I can tell you why both DISH and Directv dont' have it. Voom's probably in the same boat. It's all about how much space you have on the satellites.

I've heard Voom is wanting to expand their capacity. Directv is doing the same next year. Not sure what DISH is wanting to do. I would think after this happens InHD would be added to either company.

Neutron said:
I can tell you why both DISH and Directv dont' have it. Voom's probably in the same boat. It's all about how much space you have on the satellites.

I've heard Voom is wanting to expand their capacity. Directv is doing the same next year. Not sure what DISH is wanting to do. I would think after this happens InHD would be added to either company.
i would be willing to bet with all the complaining people have done about inhd 1 and 2 , they would have found a way to put these channels on (overcompressed or not) before bravo, universal is much better since dec 1
inhd has been a sticking point from the very beginning, directv would have added this before some of the other paltry hd offered, i f it were able to add inhd 1 and 2 , that would be more important to alot of people than say adding another hd hbo, lets be realistic here, someone comes over the house and the first thing most of us do is go to discovery hd to show off our hdtv LOL
again i have no firsthand knowledge of any of this just my opinion
as for voom if there was any sat provider to get it it would be voom, so again some loophole that if voom gets it may close, although Voom hasnt made a solid business decision since inception.

Well, from a Directv point of view the reason we don't have it yet is because of NFL Sunday Ticket. I'm surprised Voom has the room they have for all their channels considering their satellite capacity situation.

Charlie probably doesn't think InHD is compelling enough for DISH.

Neutron said:
Well, from a Directv point of view the reason we don't have it yet is because of NFL Sunday Ticket. I'm surprised Voom has the room they have for all their channels considering their satellite capacity situation.

Charlie probably doesn't think InHD is compelling enough for DISH.
LOL you notice i didnt even mention charlie
Voom would have the inside edge you would think(the Dolans )on inhd but they are not a strong enough force to let all the other cable companies lose that hold on alot of customers, i know a few people who wouldnt consider Directv just based on inhd, and in good conscience i tell them not to get voom i have had major issues with Voom, my directv hd stinks in comparison WHEN VOOM ACTUALLY WORKS but Voom is not a serious threat to Directv just based on sheer numbers, until Voom gets their act together they wont have the clout to be a decision maker in the satellite industry the way they are in the cable industry.

I don't think it's b/w with voom. if a deal could be made they would make the space, b/c not having either hdnet or inhd is kinda a black eye for voom, even if only as a perception thing.

it's like a restaurant. they may say they're booked solid, but if freaking Clinton showed up, a space would magically appear, even if the restaurant's owners are Republicans :)

InHD is usually only for cable companies. Although Voom is currently ownered by a cable company.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts