Any Input Please

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rangers2310

Original poster
Feb 22, 2005
I am currently a Voom Customer and considering switching to Dish Network.Voom is my first satellite provider and want to know if there is difference between the two in picture quality. Have had good luck with voom, but with thier current situation and channel offers I have grown tired in thier progress. And does Dishes DVR and HD reciever work well?

Welcome to SatelliteGuys!!

You will probably get a lot of different responses based upon those that take the time to reply. With that said, your best bet is to read and search through the different forums. I have had the same questions and have found that others have asked them before. So, it was easier to read what they had been told and ask for more details there.

Don't mean to put you off, but you'd probably spend your time better reading through other posts than waiting on responses to yours....

Good Luck!!

Agree with the do your research, just don't take a few responses as the only truth.

The usual path is to research the programming that you want, is there a channel that you MUST have, such as NFL Sunday Ticket, then you want D* or TNT-HD or HBO Comedy, then you want E*. When asking about picture quality, since it's very subjective, I'd recommend that you go to a store and see for yourself to get an idea. I'd also make sure that you check hardware reviews for the receivers that you're planning to get. Both services have problems (some more then others) so see what the general buzz is on how well the STB you're looking to get is receiving on the net. Finally, be ready for a lot of changes coming this year and next. D*'s announced some very agressive HD plans and E*'s been gathering up orbital slots and leaving folks guess what they'll be used for, should be interesting.

Since they have the least HD channels, E* devotes the best bandwidth to them versus V* or D*, with D* being the worst for HD bandwidth, and V* not far behind. I've never actually looked at V* or D* my statement came strictly from bandwidth numbers....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts