Any issues buying receivers with D?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dspindler

Original poster
Mar 20, 2008
I have recently fulfilled my 2 year agreement with D (HURRAY) and I"d like to save some money. I've seen some receivers on Ebay that ai think I can buy for about 50 bucks with shipping. I have three leased units that I want to send back to D and replace them with purchased units of my own. I've seen some posts that state I'd still have to pay the $4.99 per extra receiver....is that true? Could I buy an extra DVR without having to notifty D and paying an extra $9.99 for the new DVR? I appreciate any learned replies.:usa

I say don't do it; there is always going to be something you missed or failed to ask and I would bet good money you still will not own anything at that price. If you attempt and go wrong be ready to NOT blame the DBS company over it.

With a leased receiver, you pay $4.99 for each after the first (leased fee). With an owned receiver, you pay $4.99 for each after the first (additional receiver fee). The $5.99 DVR fee is once per account. After doing the math, it looks like you would be out $50 by owning.

dang it

So they get the $4.99 per receiver either way huh? I'm coming to the end of my agreement as I said earlier. From what you guys know, do they tend to throw in enticements to people like me to keep me as a customer? For example, free movie channels for 6 months or somthing similiar? I know it can't hurt to ask, but is there a precedent for that?

So they get the $4.99 per receiver either way huh? I'm coming to the end of my agreement as I said earlier. From what you guys know, do they tend to throw in enticements to people like me to keep me as a customer? For example, free movie channels for 6 months or somthing similiar? I know it can't hurt to ask, but is there a precedent for that?
It costs either DISH or Directv money to aquire you as a new customer, in most cases by the time you complete your contract they haven't realized a profit from you as a customer so they are interested in keeping you as a customer but why should they invest more money in you as a discount? You will stay as a customer because you are satisfied with programming and service or they will lose you without investing more money in you without realizing a profit.:):):)

be carefull buying used receivers on ebay. I bought one only to find out D* would not activate it because the previous owner had not paid their bill. Had a heck of a time getting my money back,

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)