Any Memorial Day Weekend FTA Projects?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
1. Couldnt get it myself
2. Yes...just confirmed

And this is pretty crazy. Scanned in something that is either ungodly strong or a fluke ;)
attachment.php

a 9/10 FEC S2 feed on a 6 footer? :eek:

Attachments

• PICT0131.JPG
    PICT0131.JPG
    778.2 KB · Views: 242
Do I wish it was 53 inside here! LOL... It must literally be near 100 inside my house right now, which can't be good for equipment or media, both of which I have a ton of...

Not 53 inside, but a nice 72. :D

Outside it is 92 and the humidity is thick enough to cut with a knife. I just spread 40 bags of mulch over 5 flower beds and tore out and rebuilt our stone and brick fire pit. I look like I just walked out of the lake, but the lovely Irish lady of the house is happy:cheer2:.

A/C is good and football and fall can't get here soon enough for me.

1. Couldnt get it myself
2. Yes...just confirmed

And this is pretty crazy. Scanned in something that is either ungodly strong or a fluke ;)
attachment.php

a 9/10 FEC S2 feed on a 6 footer? :eek:

What receiver are you using that shows the modulation? Thank you for taking the time setting up your dish to answer my questions. Tomorrow I'm going to try to fine tune it more to gain access to the other stations. I scanned in 45 channels, but I know there are more on this satellite.

Manhattan. I didnt get the Fox that is 8/9 FEC.
Funny thing I just aimed the dish with the GeosatPro 200 to lock on the nets and World Harvest (to answer the other question) then hooked up the cable that runs into the house and scanned with the Manhattan.

Someday please show us the bottom platform of these portable dishes and how you adjust them so quickly. I have a 8' Channel Master in the garage that I would love to mount onto a platform with wheels and have it ready in the garage when needed.

This morning I saw an awesome HD signal on Galaxy 19 as I turned the 6' dish and wished I had worked on that lazy susan idea I had a few years ago. There is just never enough time to do all the things you want.

This is how I added an additional C band LNBF onto my 6' dish. The 6.25" center to center spacing receives satellites spaced 8 degrees apart. It worked really well to receive Galaxy 17 and Galaxy 16 with Galaxy 17 being centered. This morning I centered Galaxy 16 and will be receiving Anik F1R on the secondary LNB. The brackets I buy at Lowes and the holes are spaced perfectly to secure the two scalar rings.

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 97
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 106
Ya Iceberg those are the strongest for me on that bird besides Lesea and My TV.

Hopefully I can setup my 3rd 3' Ku dish with my Scalar that my buddy sent me. I am going to give this minibud thing a try now that I have figured out which birds are the hottest up in these parts.

Ya Iceberg those are the strongest for me on that bird besides Lesea and My TV.

Hopefully I can setup my 3rd 3' Ku dish with my Scalar that my buddy sent me. I am going to give this minibud thing a try now that I have figured out which birds are the hottest up in these parts.

I need to get out there and adjust, because My TV didn't even scan in. The Leasea are the strongest with a solid 74% signal on a 6' dish.

My Network TV is only part time

During the day its syndicated feeds and at night it is the My Network feed from 7-9 and 10-12 Central

4080 H 27780
4060 V 27780 <---backup...has some syndicated feeds too

Someday please show us the bottom platform of these portable dishes and how you adjust them so quickly.

There really isnt much to it. All I have is a 2x6 on the "O" ring and a 70 pound sandbag on top. I have a 2 wheeler that I wheel it out on. There are 3 marks on the "slide scale" (the elevation bar). One is for true south, one is for lowest west which is 139 and a 3rd is for 121.

The advantage of being in Minnesota is from 87W to 103W the elevation is almost the same (87 is at 38 elevation, 93 is at 38.4 and 103 is at 37.6) so all I have to do is drop the dish and pull it along the arc to see 91, 95, 97, 99, 101. I have to lower it a smidge for 87,89 and 103. 107 for CBC is minimal too. If I want to see 118-125 or so I work off that middle marking I made

137 and 139 I have the 2nd dish (the one that use to be on the deck on top of the table) and its pretty much fixed for those. The slide arm is really rusted so if I want to raise it up I need to WD40 the heck out of it :)

Attachments

• 000_0493.jpg
    000_0493.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 119
  • PICT0122.JPG
    PICT0122.JPG
    791.5 KB · Views: 112
  • PICT0123.JPG
    PICT0123.JPG
    709.3 KB · Views: 117
There really isnt much to it. All I have is a 2x6 on the "O" ring and a 70 pound sandbag on top. I have a 2 wheeler that I wheel it out on. There are 3 marks on the "slide scale" (the elevation bar). One is for true south, one is for lowest west which is 139 and a 3rd is for 121.

The advantage of being in Minnesota is from 87W to 103W the elevation is almost the same (87 is at 38 elevation, 93 is at 38.4 and 103 is at 37.6) so all I have to do is drop the dish and pull it along the arc to see 91, 95, 97, 99, 101. I have to lower it a smidge for 87,89 and 103. 107 for CBC is minimal too. If I want to see 118-125 or so I work off that middle marking I made

137 and 139 I have the 2nd dish (the one that use to be on the deck on top of the table) and its pretty much fixed for those. The slide arm is really rusted so if I want to raise it up I need to WD40 the heck out of it :)

Thank you so much for posting this information.

I found a bag of compression f connectors at goodwill with rubbers attached,I may cut the cable going from my fixed dish to diseqc and use those connectors.The cable now is way too long and was done as a quicky fix during the winter.

This morning I got out the "Krud Kutter" and scrubbed all my satellite dishes, side of house, deck and patio furniture. I then took a shower and now am relaxing watching the Indy 500.

Do the neighbors ever give you the "look" when you drag those dishes out? :) I bet I got some "looks" when I was on a step ladder earlier washing my dishes with rags and a scrub brush. :) They do however look great all cleaned up.

Do the neighbors ever give you the "look" when you drag those dishes out? :) I bet I got some "looks" when I was on a step ladder earlier washing my dishes with rags and a scrub brush. :) They do however look great all cleaned up.

nah,they just use sign language that can't be repeated here.

Do the neighbors ever give you the "look" when you drag those dishes out? :)
not anymore. When I first got it the association (before I was on it) said I couldnt have that out. My response was "we can park one car deep in front of the garage. Instead of a vehicle its the dish" :)
About a month later the neighbor thought I was nuts being out there in -12 temperature fine tuning the dish. Well when he found out it was a college hockey game involving his team and he couldnt see it locally...well we sat in his heated garage and watched the game.

Honestly nobody really says anything anymore. Even when I have both of them out like I did that one night they dont really care anymore. They know it usually gets pulled back in either that night or during the fall/winter it will go back in Sunday after the college football or hockey games.

When we pulled out those "hitching posts" (those ugly brown things) I did want to plant a pole and concrete in one of the holes and motorize the dish.....the association said no :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)