Any New Dish Deals Now That it's May 1?

rollerfink

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 1, 2004
Detroit
Are the dish deals they are offering today the same as what we've already heard? $250 for the HD-DVR and $100 for the 61.5 dish (although I think I'd get that free since I have a local channel there)?

I suppose I'll wait and see if the D* rumors about a June announcement come true.

Exaclty my question this morning.
Now that it's past 8:00 can anyone confirm exactly what the "special" deal is? As of last night it didn't really sound all that special.
Also, is the voom box completely useless now besides OTA? Am I safe in throwing it in a closet?

I was thinking the same thing. I am not home so I cannot call. Can anyone please tell us exactly what the special offer dish network has for VOOM customers ?

I called Dish this morning

Here is what I got:

49.99 install refunded on first bill
America top 180 + HD Pack + VoomHD pack for the first 3 Months
1 HD Receiver + 1 SD with SD-DVR included
For a total of 47.97 a month
After that you have to select a package or pay about $20 more for the same level of programing.

24 months commitments with 24 months waranty/replacement on the equipments. Free re-install if you move (good for me since my house is on the market) with $10/month early termination fee.

I think that's it. They'll be here Wednesday morning to install, until then, I'll be staring at a black screen and listening to my XM Radio.

Chef patrick...they did not offer you the $19.99 for 3 months and the HD pack with VOOM for 6 months free?

I called Dish this morning and this is what they offered me on the Voom offer.

Install-$49.99 but credited on your first bill
2nd dish required-$100.00
HD receiver-881 is free or 942 is $250.00
1 year commitment
Programing-Top 60-$31.99, Top 120 $42.99, Top 180 $52.99
Sports Pak-$5.99
Voom pak-$5.00

I am confused about the HD pak being free for 6 months but bottom line for me would be $47.97 according to them. This would be the 811 rec, Top 60 with Sports Pak, Voom Pak, and HD Pak. This is for one year.

This is not a good deal for me because Comcast is coming out today and my deal is going to be $29.99 a month for Digital Plus package and HD pak. This is good for 1 year then it goes to regular price. No way am I putting out $100.00 or $250.00 upfront for Dish.

Hmm, thanks. That seems no better than what they already offered. I'll stick with comcast too until I hear what D* is going to do.

I called the 1-800-WOW-HDTV number from my cell phone and got through right away. When they found out that I was both a V* and a current E* subscriber I was told that I would have to go though the regular E* customer service department and the CSR then proceeded to abruptly cut me off.

I then called back from my landline and waited 14 minutes to get through to E*India. Since I do not have an E* Dish pointed at 61.5 they quoted $99. for the second dish. When I told them that I am in a "must carry" area and one of my Spanish locals is at 61.5, the second dish became a free installation [one year warranty with no commitment]. Unfortunately I had to order unneeded SD locals [at 5.99/month], since I already receive them in HD OTA. I asked about twelve times on a locals commitment with the additional dish installation and the CSR was absolutely positive there was none.

Since I have an E* 811, I inquired about having the HD package turned back on. Was amazed that it was offered at 5.00/month [half price] for the first year. I jumped at this offer. I'll order the VOOM10 when the second dish installation is completed in 8 days.

All in all it went a little better than I expected.

"Continue receiving VOOM HD programming with a free offer from Dish Network. TV in up to 4 rooms. HD receivers. Free installation. Over 180 SD channels for $19.99 for the first 3 months. Call 800-969-HDTV."

It seems as this offer being posted on voom.com is not real or should have asterisks after it with numerous restrictions or disclaimers. Is this normal operating procedures for Dish or is Voom just yanking our chains.

BLW said:
"Continue receiving VOOM HD programming with a free offer from Dish Network. TV in up to 4 rooms. HD receivers. Free installation. Over 180 SD channels for $19.99 for the first 3 months. Call 800-969-HDTV."

It seems as this offer being posted on voom.com is not real or should have asterisks after it with numerous restrictions or disclaimers. Is this normal operating procedures for Dish or is Voom just yanking our chains.

Welll ; it is real. I just called and before she could read me her script I read her the key paragraph from the Friday News Release. She said that was correct. Of course I wanted a few changes. This is what I got.

America's 180 for $19.99 for 3 months
All HD programming including VOOM for free for the first 6 months.
I wanted the 942 so the $250 fee was charged( I can't complain...if VOOM had continued to exist and made that offer I would have grabbed that too)
Since 942 is a one reciver for 2 TV's (that all I needed) no mirroring fees Waived $5.
Yes $100 for the 61.5 DISH as my locals are not on 61.5 and I even said I would committ for 2 years if they waived it. They would not.
However $5 back for the monthly lease of the DVR. (again I consider a deal)

AFter the 3 months the American Top 180 ( if I continued) would be the regular price of $52.99 ( will downgrade at the time)

months the HD will be charged at $14.99 HD pax plus VOOM.

Install is set for May 10th.

I will probably put my 4DTV reciver up on EBAY and even maybe my SIR165 if it works out. But will wait a few months to wear.

So for me it is a deal I was prepared to make with VOOM had they stayed around. Also If I wanted the straight HD receiver and HD DVD they would have given me that free but their would have been a $5 mirror fee per month.

You should be getting your locals still I am in Dallas, and by the way it is possible to get a 12month deal if you have never been with them before

chef-Patrick said:
Here is what I got:

49.99 install refunded on first bill
America top 180 + HD Pack + VoomHD pack for the first 3 Months
1 HD Receiver + 1 SD with SD-DVR included
For a total of 47.97 a month
After that you have to select a package or pay about $20 more for the same level of programing.

24 months commitments with 24 months waranty/replacement on the equipments. Free re-install if you move (good for me since my house is on the market) with $10/month early termination fee.

I think that's it. They'll be here Wednesday morning to install, until then, I'll be staring at a black screen and listening to my XM Radio.

This saves me a call to E* then. I am just going to stick with Cox Cable HD service for a while and see which way the V* ashes blow. :cool:

Cox has excellent PQ IMO, and the price is comparable to E* with no up front cost for the HD-DVR. They are promising more HD content in the near future, and maybe now that the V* 21 is available, then maybe they will pickup some of those.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)