Any new HD on the horizon?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

andygradel

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 15, 2005
It's been a loooooooooong time since I've seen any new HD channels on Comcast here in Philly. We currently have:

INHD 1 & 2
ESPN HD
Discovery HD
Comcast Sportsnet HD

...plus all the broadcast nets and a few of the pay services, but I'm really starting to wonder if we'll ever see TNT, ESPN2, Universal, etc. With everything Dish network is rolling out this year, including MPEG4 and the locals in HD, I have to admit that satellite is looking pretty tempting. :eek:

Wile I am surprised with Comcast being based in Philly that you do not have TNT in HD yet, we have had TNT in HD for several months on Comcast here in Chattanooga TN. If I could get line of site to the satellite's at my current home, I would drop everything I have from Comcast except Internet and Limited Basic and go back to satellite in a hart beat.

Last edited:
Yeah, nothing new here for quite a while either. Last addition was WB-HD. Still waiting for UHD and digital simulcast. But I think FIOS will be here before UHD and DS. :)

-John

Ken H posted in one of the Comcast threads at AVS about 'new' HD channels on Comcast and he posted in the very near future, that was about 2 weeks ago, and two of them are supposed to be UHD and ESPN 2, the other is MTV-HD which I do not give a rat's ass about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts