Any new HD RSN Comming Soon to E*

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

chrisb83

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 11, 2006
San Francisco Bay Area
Any new HD RSN Comming to E*?

Has any one heard of any HD RSN coming to E*? I live in the Bay Area and patiently waiting for FSN Bay Area HD. Thanks:)

Last edited:
I've also been waiting for FSN-BA. The last I heard was, "Maybe by the end of the year."

Another HD RSN may be coming soon, according to a rumor in the Pub. But you gotta belong to the Pub to find out more.

I also live in the Bay Area. I have been patiently waiting for E* to add FSN-BA in HD. The Warriors have started their season and HOPEFULLY we'll be able to watch them in HD before the season is over.

With that said, I'm glad to see NBATV!

I've also been waiting for FSN-BA. The last I heard was, "Maybe by the end of the year."

Another HD RSN may be coming soon, according to a rumor in the Pub. But you gotta belong to the Pub to find out more.

Let me tell you. It would be worth the whole years membership of the pub to get this info.:)

And I can't believe there is no NESN HD. I just don't get it. Talk about two huge markets, NSEN and FSN Bay Area. E* has really messed up on sports this year. Some good things came our way. But I think they dropped the ball on MLB EI and the TBS HD . I think we missed 2 or 3 playoff game on TBS HD because they didn't have there act together. Oh well, it is what it is.

I've been waiting since last year when they uplinked FSNBA HD and still NADA. Directv and Comcast have had it since I remember but it's still not available in Dish Network. :( Last time I asked FSNBA, they told me that the ball was in E*'s court and it was up to them to add it.

Murdoch does NOT own Comcast.

Comcast owns 60% of FSNBA (they bought Cablevision's share), News Corp. owns the other 40. The deal was completed in July, Dish has been "negotiating" for much longer than that.

I know E* has given is a lot of RSN in HD, and I think that awesome, but why do they offer FSN BA it in SD and not HD? What is there to negotiate for? Seems to me if E* has FSN BA all ready then how much negotiations is there left. I think it's just not a priority for E* right now. And I'm sure fans in Boston are ticked off by no NESN HD.

Lets see.. FSNBA is owned by Murdoch and Comcast, and both of their respective companies have it... their biggest rival doesnt, could it be they are playing hardball with Charlie and asking for the moon to keep him from adding it so they can get E* subscribers in that market to switch to one of their respective networks?

"FSNBA is owned by Murdoch and Comcast"

I think this is the reason why we haven't seen FSNBA HD on E*. :mad:

Nahh, I think it has more to do with bandwidth, and that the negotiations were complicated by the sale (which was finalized in July, BTW).

I don't think that DirecTV and Comcast are playing any kind of dirty pool with E*, for the simple reason that that would royally piss off the Giants, A's, Sharks, and Warriors. It's not that hard for sports teams to start up a new RSN; just look at what happened in Chicago, when all of the teams left FSN Chicago and started up their own network, Comcast SportsNet Chicago. In fact, there's been speculation that the A's might eventually do just that within the next few years.

Nahh, I think it has more to do with bandwidth, and that the negotiations were complicated by the sale (which was finalized in July, BTW).

I don't think that DirecTV and Comcast are playing any kind of dirty pool with E*, for the simple reason that that would royally piss off the Giants, A's, Sharks, and Warriors. It's not that hard for sports teams to start up a new RSN; just look at what happened in Chicago, when all of the teams left FSN Chicago and started up their own network, Comcast SportsNet Chicago. In fact, there's been speculation that the A's might eventually do just that within the next few years.

I don't think the problem is bandwith since these RSNs in HD only show certain games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)