Any new lease offer for HD receiver on D*?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Fgsilva

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 10, 2004
Vallejo, CA
Hey All,

comtemplating the swith from E* to D* when my year is up with E*. Does anybody know of any lease option or something similar for the HD receiver? Not happy about having to pay $299 for a receiver (I guess I can always try to sell my 310 and 811 also...).

thanks,

I haven't heard anything yet, but D* seems to change promotions every quarter, and one is starting this weekend! ;) I'd check with D* next week to see what the new offers are. There is also some speculation about new announcements around Jan 6th, so I wouldn't be surprised if there were some new deals for new subs.
Even if you do shell out $300 for a reciever, believe me you're going to be much happier with D* in the long run! :D

cr0mag said:
I haven't heard anything yet, but D* seems to change promotions every quarter, and one is starting this weekend! ;) I'd check with D* next week to see what the new offers are. There is also some speculation about new announcements around Jan 6th, so I wouldn't be surprised if there were some new deals for new subs.
Even if you do shell out $300 for a reciever, believe me you're going to be much happier with D* in the long run! :D

Thanks! I guess it's worth the wait. And I agree, anything to be rid of E*. But, I got a year commitment and I can't afford paying both fee plus a new receiver. :no

"Does anybody know of any lease option or something similar for the HD receiver?"

First off, I don't think D* leases, you own the equipment. I could be wrong though.

I called Customer Retention this morning and really didn't have to ask for anything. I told the rep (Daryl, great customer service) what I wanted to do and he gave me pretty much everything that I wanted.

Phase III dish
STB
Multi-switch 5x8
Showtime/HBO 2for$2 (6 months)
Free HD programming (6 months)
OTA antenna
Installation (3 days from now)

Total cost after discounts = $108/installed (thanks to mini1)

I've been with D* since late 1996, so the 1 year programming obligation is no big deal.

I would suspect as a potential new customer you could get something similar.

"what kind of OTA antenna? IE: what "color"? I need a blue/violet where I live."

Yellow for me. I only live 11 miles from the furthest DTV tower. I could probably use a silver sensor indoors and get good reception.

When we lived at our old house and I got a good deal on this stuff from Customer Retention they gave me a Wineguard outdoor OTA antenna.

Don't forget we offer Satelliteguys members and additional 10% discount and free shipping, that make the DTC-210 HD set top box $269.99 delivered and installed with the 18x20 dish and no tax.

D* doesn't lease and that's why they will never have me as a customer :(

I love to own the equipment, but I can't outlay that much money at once. I also don't mind leasing. I wish D* would either setup a leasing program or be a little more agressive in the high end products. As a poor college student I spent all my money buying the HDTV and now can't buy a receiver to push it :) However I was in Best Buy and they had some HD boxes marked down, open box specials, with a full warranty.

Well, I bought one at $299.

When I bought the offer was 6 Months of Free HD, that's $10/Month, so that brings the price down to $233.

These devices seem to be taking their time to go down any further, but keep in mind, when they first came out, they ran near $1000.

I agree with BFG

I need 2 HD receivers and it would be too expensive to buy 2 for Directv.
I own one 811 and lease a second for $5.00 per month.
If I could lease with Directv, I would probably switch to Directv.
OH WELL.

smolenski said:
"Does anybody know of any lease option or something similar for the HD receiver?"

First off, I don't think D* leases, you own the equipment. I could be wrong though.

I called Customer Retention this morning and really didn't have to ask for anything. I told the rep (Daryl, great customer service) what I wanted to do and he gave me pretty much everything that I wanted.

Phase III dish
STB
Multi-switch 5x8
Showtime/HBO 2for$2 (6 months)
Free HD programming (6 months)
OTA antenna
Installation (3 days from now)

Total cost after discounts = $108/installed (thanks to mini1)

I've been with D* since late 1996, so the 1 year programming obligation is no big deal.

I would suspect as a potential new customer you could get something similar.

what kind of price can i get an antenna, receiver and installation for? I'm only a sub of 3 months now and want to get a hd receiver and an antenna (already have hd dish) so i can get my hd locals since even comcast only offers abc hd in my area.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts