Any New Plasma TV's work well with Dish Remotes

irwin

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 13, 2006
I am buying a new Plasma or LCD TV and wanted to know is any particular brand work well with the Dish Remotes. I really like my Dish remote and simply want to get a new HDTV that works well with it. I have heard many new LCD TV's do not respond whatsoever to any of the Dish Remote codes using the powerscan. There must be some brands that work well???
Any suggestions

I never thought of trying to get my dish remote to operate everything. Is it really even practical when you have to control the TV, dish receiver, AV receiver, DVD recorder...? I mean just switching between the satellite receiver and the DVD would require changing inputs on the TV and the AV receiver.

If I only have the satellite receiver and TV, then it sounds like it would be fine.

In the manual that should have come with your receiver upon installation, there are listings in the back of which Manufacturer's are compatible with Dish Remotes and the codes that go with them. :)

I have a ViewSonic LCD, which appears to be identical to the Polaroids you find at Wal-Mart (32" for $448!!!), and I took the Dish remote with me before I bought the ViewSonic. I found several codes that work for power, volume, channel, and number pad, though none of them will activate/operate the configuration, input, or format menus.

Ye sit is very practical to have your dish remote do it all. Today I have my TV, DCR, DVD, AMP all on my Dish remote. When buying new devices you have to be very carefull and take the remote along to verify it.

My E* remote controls my ViP622, Vizio 50" Plasma, Sony A/V Receiver, and Sony DVD player. For more convenient than trying to deal with three different remotes.

I am buying a new Plasma or LCD TV The key Dish remote features you need are:
Power ON/OFF
Input select
Volume
Mute

I have an LG 50" plasma (purchased October 2006) and an LG 26" LCD (purchased March 2006) that both work perfectly with the remotes that came with my Dish 622.

One function i have problems with si geting the TV to switch inputs with the DISH remote.

You might want to try other codes. On one of my sets, the first one would turn it on/off, but nothing else. Found another that used more functions.

I have tried all the Philips codes with nos uccess. I usually change inputs by changing channels. It si clumsy but it works.

I had my dish network remote control programmed to my panasonic HD Plasma. It worked great for 9 months. Then one day my Dish remote died, they sent me a new one and now it will not program to my TV. Dish network service couldn't get it to work either. I can use my Panasonic remote, But I have DVR and d I can't operate a lot of those functions with the Panasonic remote. I sure hope I can get this solved soon. I may ask for another Dish remote.

don't buy olevia... great t.v., but dish remote won't work with it.

I agree. I'm very happy with the TV & would buy another one if it weren't for this incompatiblity. I solved the hassle with a Sony learning remote that works great for TV1( IR, in the same room as my 622) but you're outta luck if its TV2/UHF.

Ed

I have a Samsung LCD HDTV and I have a problem with the E* remote volume button: I have to pump it in order to raise or lower the sound; this is a little annoying. :mad:

The Dish Tech who installed my Dish last March said this was an on going problem with the Samsung sets he connects for E*. All other remote functions work just fine.

Do any of you experience this same problem? Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts