Any New Receivers Coming?

bama350z

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 15, 2007
I was looking into updating one of my receivers and was curious if the 722 is going to be the best option out for a while or if there is anything new on the horizon that might be worth waiting on?

based on what we know, the 722 is the top of the line. I haven't heard of anything else.

I personally think the 722/622 is a great box. I have 3 622's.

The next receiver models will likely be quad tuners or a hd dual tuner that can give hd signal to both tvs since they've pretty much done every other combination receiver. Also likely to come out with a dvr with more recording time.

The next receiver models will likely be quad tuners or a hd dual tuner that can give hd signal to both tvs since they've pretty much done every other combination receiver. Also likely to come out with a dvr with more recording time.

Actually I think an MPEG4 8psk standard def receiver line is next. 311+, 322+, etc. I imagine they would be able to tune MPEG4 8psk HD channels and just downconvert them, so that DISH won't have to simulcast HD and SD channels on Eastern Arc or Western Arc. Then, when attrition cuts back the number of MPEG2 receivers to a point where a full swap out is feasible, thus enabling an all MPEG4 8psk lineup. All from three different LOS options for each site.

Actually I think an MPEG4 8psk standard def receiver line is next. 311+, 322+, etc. I imagine they would be able to tune MPEG4 8psk HD channels and just downconvert them, so that DISH won't have to simulcast HD and SD channels on Eastern Arc or Western Arc. Then, when attrition cuts back the number of MPEG2 receivers to a point where a full swap out is feasible, thus enabling an all MPEG4 8psk lineup. All from three different LOS options for each site.

Won't happen anytim soon. There are too many of them out there. A 2700 is still usable.

Only new receiver is the 211K which is a 211 just painted black and smaller. Avalible probably in April.

Also the 211 will be enhanced with software to become a DVR (provide you give it an external HD and pay one time fee of 39 dollars NO 5.98 MONTHLY FEE)...The 211 upgrade will occur this summer.

Also those of you who mentioned quad receivers...It probably won't be happening.

Won't happen anytim soon. There are too many of them out there. A 2700 is still usable.

The first receiver is still usable. However, the older equipment does eventually fade from view. I've been installing for a long time and can remember when most homes I went into had 3700 or 3800 receivers and two legacy duals with sw21 switches. Nowadays, most installs I see are DP Twins with 301s.

Older equipment goes through the attrition process in numerous ways:

Equipment destroyed in home fires.

Owned equipment discarded after cancellation.

Upgrade offers that require return of old equipment.

Equipment physically damaged and not replaced.

Equipment failure in general.

The process of attrition could take several years or more. However, it can be accelerated by moving certain content such as premium channels up to mpeg4 8psk and requiring those customers to upgrade to continue to receive those channels, etc. Small doses, small doses. Cable did it by switching many of their standard offerings up to their digital package which required new equipment.

Dish has already done some attrition. These new dishes require at least one DP receiver to be connected although the other can be a legacy still. They require MPEG-4 receivers to receive HD channels. Upgrade programs allow existing customers to get the latest receivers available. I can see 110/119/129 with MPEG-2 technology being available for those more on a budget with cheap package offerings. Dish Network could use the MPEG-2 receivers they receive on swapouts for new customers not wanting all of the HD offerings. New HD local channel markets requiring MPEG-4 receivers is another way to thin out the MPEG-2 receivers.

VIP622 problem using manual timers on PPV Sports DirectKick

322 & Lost Locks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)