Any new updates on CSN Philly situation?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

doublek97

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 20, 2006
I keep letting several months go by, and then come on asking if there are any new updates regarding CSN Philadelphia being added to DirecTV or Dish. At last report, Comtrash was asking for something like $5 per subscriber for the channel, and both DirecTV and Dish were telling them to go pound sand. Is that still the case? Can't the FCC do something about this stalemate? Comtrash was ordered to make the channel available. I guess they are -- at an outrageous price. Can't the FCC step in because Comtrash is violating the "spirit" of the ruling? Thanks for anyone that has news.

I see no incentive for them to make it available. I think the money they would get from the Satellite providers would be diminished by people then subscribing to those providers. Philly has a very good fan base.

There's no need to keep asking. In the very unlikely event that something changes you can be quite sure you'll hear about it. Don't hold your breath, though.

The only thing that might happen is that the Phillies will start their own channel

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

which aint happening....Phillies reup with CSN Philly for 25 years

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Closing-Bell/2014/01/03/CSN-terms.aspx

The Phillies doubled their annual average TV rights fee and picked up an ownership stake in CSN Philadelphia, according to several sources. NBC Sports Group, which operates the RSN, has agreed to a 25-year deal that will see it pay an average of $100M per year for the rights, with the annual fee growing between 3-4% each year, sources said. That figure doubles the rights fee the team had received from CSN Philadelphia and its over-the-air partner, Philadelphia's NBC affiliate.

The Phillies also increased its ownership stake in the RSN to 25%. It is unclear how much of CSN Philadelphia the Phillies had owned before. The Philadelphia Daily News first reported news of the contract extension. The Phillies' TV deal was set to expire after the '15 season. The more than $2.5B in aggregate rights fees places the Phillies in the upper echelon of MLB teams, and the initial annual figure of $100M currently trails only the Dodgers, Angels, Rangers and Mariners – though it also will be eclipsed by the Yankees.

Phillies increased its ownership stake in the RSN to 25% may they can get a better deal to get CSN / TCN on more systems.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)