Any News about OLN

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cjsmigelski

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 16, 2003
Toledo, Ohio
Any News about OLN. The European cycling season is just around the corner, and they are the only network that covers the sport in the USA. Being an avid cyclist I will miss this coverage very much.:(

Don't hold your breath on Dish giving in on this one...

There was a story today in the LA Times about the NHL signing a deal to televise some games. Here's a story on the ratings...

"After the NHL's 310-day lockout ended last summer, a new TV deal was negotiated. Since then, the only nationally televised games have been on OLN, formerly the Outdoor Life Network, on Mondays and Tuesdays. The telecasts have averaged a barely measurable 0.2 rating nationally.

In Los Angeles, it has been even worse. The telecasts have failed to get any kind of a rating at all. Generally, only about 4,000 of the market's 16.5 million potential viewers have tuned into an NHL telecast on OLN."

I guess I have to ask who needs who more? As for me, I like to watch hockey in person, but I think it's one of the worst sports for television.

Luckily the Pens don't play on OLN again until April. Maybe OLN will be back by then. Of course, the way the Pens have been playing this season, I'm not sure I want to see another game!:mad: :tux:

TomD said:
"After the NHL's 310-day lockout ended last summer, a new TV deal was negotiated. Since then, the only nationally televised games have been on OLN, formerly the Outdoor Life Network, on Mondays and Tuesdays.
So that must mean that HDNet is available on only my HD TV? Cool :cool:... Too bad for the rest of you in other parts of the country. And the hockey is in HD to boot, too.

cjsmigelski said:
Hey guys, I like watching the NHL also... But i'm still not getting an answer to my question. Any News about OLN?

Might want to try CNN... I think they mostly have outdoor sports

Doesn't anyone care about PBR Bull Riding?
All I see is about NHL, which is what cause the problem in the first place.
I did not want or care about NHL, but Dish pulled OLN and I lost PRB, right before the Finals!

cwalter428 said:
Luckily the Pens don't play on OLN again until April. Maybe OLN will be back by then. Of course, the way the Pens have been playing this season, I'm not sure I want to see another game!:mad: :tux:

i also live in Pittsburgh, but am a Devils fan. Center Ice absolutely RuleS!! OLN's coverage of hockey blows anyhow. Looks like a broadcast from the 70's, poor camera work.

They're still working on the details, but I know OLN is uplinked back on DIsh...nobody can see it yet though.

But I have seen some OLN games via TSN (Canadian Sports Channel) and the production is a little less than desired. Camera shaky and too much zooming in/out.

While hocket has becomea niche sport I still think it is more poplar than bull riding. I would be delighted to See OLN back---for fans of both sports.

PBR was much better when it was on TNN / SpikeTV. It just does not have the same feel to it now.

OLN is being uplinked again by Dish so that is a good sign. When will we see it? That's anyones guess.

Movie_Nut said:
Doesn't anyone care about PBR Bull Riding?
All I see is about NHL, which is what cause the problem in the first place.
I did not want or care about NHL, but Dish pulled OLN and I lost PRB, right before the Finals!

Alot more people in my area are much more unhappy about loseing OLN than LIFE because of bull riding. People in my area likes the bull riding.

As a season ticket holder for the Minnesota Wild I find it surprising how many Wild games are carried on OLN both home and away. As a Dish sub I do not get OLN and I also have the bad luck to live in a an area serviced by a cable company that will not carry OLN either. It is Direct or no NHL, PBR and TDF for me.

I have noticed when OLN is covering games in the Xcel Energy Center (Wild's home areana) that there camera placement is very different for the RSN's and TSN (Canada). Not sure what the reason for it is but that may be one reason the broadcast coverage appears to be different normal RSN broadcasts.

I hope the fact that OLN is uplinked again is a positive sign. It was bad enough when I was crabby when OLN got dropped but with Lifetime and LMN gone the spousal unit is not to happy either.

I feel like I did during the NHL lockout last year. A victim of others greed and no one really cares.

As a season ticket holder for the Minnesota Wild I find it surprising how many Wild games are carried on OLN both home and away. As a Dish sub I do not get OLN and I also have the bad luck to live in a an area serviced by a cable company that will not carry OLN either. It is Direct or no NHL, PBR and TDF for me.
Welcome :wave to Satelliteguys from another Minnesotan (I saw your other post and I live in the town to the west/NW of you :D (Valleyfair's hometown) Our cable company has OLN but no hockey either (its ini a digital tier so we’re screwed too)

I have noticed when OLN is covering games in the Xcel Energy Center (Wild's home areana) that there camera placement is very different for the RSN's and TSN (Canada). Not sure what the reason for it is but that may be one reason the broadcast coverage appears to be different normal RSN broadcasts.
Yes OLN does use different camera placement. TSN usually takes a feed that the RSN’s use (unless it’s a Canadian team home game..they then use their own setup)
But I saw OLN’s coverage of the Wild game on Tuesday and it was very bland to say the least.

I hope the fact that OLN is uplinked again is a positive sign. It was bad enough when I was crabby when OLN got dropped but with Lifetime and LMN gone the spousal unit is not to happy either.
Hopefully they get this thing done SOON

I feel like I did during the NHL lockout last year. A victim of others greed and no one really cares
AMEN!
Nothing sucked worse than turning on CBC Saturday night to see “Movie Night in Canada” :eek:

cosmo61 said:

I feel like I did during the NHL lockout last year. A victim of others greed and no one really cares.

WELCOME :), Personally if that was me and i was a season ticket holder i wouldnt care about the home games because i would be at every one of them :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts