Any news on 269??

tomes

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 23, 2004
Getting impatient here.... Have had this box for about 5 months, and it is truly not at an acceptable level yet...

When will we see black level fix, better OTA reception (if it can be done in SW), channel 100, stop in frequent program guide downloads, etc?

-Tom

1. When will we see black level fix
Never (IMO).

2. better OTA reception (if it can be done in SW)
Never (IMO).

3. channel 100
Couldn't care less.

4. stop in frequent program guide downloads
after extended OTA viewing, Never (IMO).

5. , etc?
In the next release.

Just getting channel recall working for OTA to satellite would be a bonus.

Keith.

I read somewhere 269 won't be out until late August or early September, which means anytime between now and infinity. Good luck on the dark fix, 266 fixed mine, there must be hardware issues but dish won't admit it.

My deadline for 269...

Dish can do whatever they want to, but I've set my own personal deadline for the day that my 1-year contract is up with them. If the 811 is not fixed to my liking (meaning at least fix the dark video output and eliminate the ridiculous number of reboots/check switch operations) I'll be turning off their service. Then I will only get cable or Dish service when I really need it during certain months of the year.
I'm sure that they are aware that the potential turnover in customers could be huge, once the 811 is 1 year old. It is frustrating to know that they've lied to us so many times.

Jim, I am with you on the 366th day of my contract I am done with Dish. I received a brand new receiver today from Dish to fix all my problems. Guess what? It's no better than what I had same problems mayber even worse..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)