Any news on the mpeg-4 boxes?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The link stargazer gave is a good link to read, but I was told by dish I could order the 411 next week, for customers, Maybe they also stated....Hmmmm

ke4est, they told you that you could order the 411 next week? Did they mention a price for the 811 trade-in? Just curious.

Has anything ever been mentioned about a 422/222 by Dish? If not I would guess that it would be in the near future though.

I dont understand the big rush to the 411/211. There is no h.264 content up there for subscribers. There is barely ANY at all. You know new boxes are going to have bugs and problems.

I think you'd save money and hassle by waiting for these boxes to be out for awhile and getting one when you need it, like when there actually is subscriber h.264 content available :)

You guys know ya'll would like to test out a new 211. Ya'll know how us techies are, always looking for the next new thing.

There was talk of a 422, but never an official announcement. The 222 is just an educated guess as to an upcoming product- no official announcement there, either. Be happy with the 211s. If we keep waiting for the next big thing, we never have anything.
Of course, although I say that, I'm waiting for a 962.:eek:

navychop said:
There was talk of a 422, but never an official announcement. The 222 is just an educated guess as to an upcoming product- no official announcement there, either. Be happy with the 211s. If we keep waiting for the next big thing, we never have anything.
Of course, although I say that, I'm waiting for a 962.:eek:

Hehe see! I know everyone wants the latest and greatest, I just dont see where the 211/411 offers much new. Basically an 811 that can do mpeg4 when available. I've had a 6000 since forever and its treated me very well. I am waiting until the mpeg4 version of an HD DVR comes out before jumping. I ALMOST went for a 921 (glad I restrained), then the 942, but I remembered the circus with the 921 so I waited again :).

The way it seems like mpeg4 is stalled / delayed, I would think the dvr version would be out before any real content. I guess if a dvr / dual tuner box does not interest you at all then the 211/411 is the box for you. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts