Any plans for DTV to release new mini genies?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
The current genies are slow and the performance have been awful.
It takes several seconds to start up the TV compared to the main unit which is pretty much instant.
I do not know how DirecTV gets away with these cost cutting units.

Reactions: ncted
The latest is still the C61, but there is a C71 series in testing that is designed for the new 'Directv via IP' product and its manual talks about it being designed to work with the HS27 as well. Though no sign of the HS27, at least not from anyone who is able to talk.

The C71 is a lot more powerful than the existing clients, because it is designed to run apps itself rather than have the Genie run them (so the HS27 may well be less powerful than the HS17 since it won't have much to do)

Unless you have instant on or quick start on your tv. (Which you shouldn’t)

My c61’s and c61ks have picture by the time my tv is done turning on

As far as cost cutting. The C61’s are actually built pretty well from a cpu standpoint

the last one released was the c61w, iirc

maybe someday

i would prefer a new receiver, 4k receiver, or 4k dvr

forget the server client system

Reactions: Jimbo
All I ask is for Directv to do 4 things..

1) Release a 21 tuner Genie which should be able to be supported by a reverse band LNB.

2) partner with TiVo to write the software.

3) allow more equipment on the account besides 1 genie.

4) release the new ota dongle already.

As far as the TiVo, it should be an optional upgrade. Something to blow the hopper out of the water

1. agree
2. that didnt work so well last time
3. agree
4. its at least in testing, but how about an atsc 3 version

1) Release a 21 tuner Genie which should be able to be supported by a reverse band LNB.

As far as the TiVo, it should be an optional upgrade. Something to blow the hopper out of the water

If you have 3 what's the point of 1? A Genie with more than the 16 tuners it already has is problematic because it maxes out a DSWM30 output, so I don't see much chance of that. I mean if you are going to wish for more tuners to match what the reverse band LNB is capable of, why not wish for a reverse band LNB that handles more tuners? They could build an LNB that output 40 tuners if they wanted to, why not do that and make a 40 tuner Genie if you're going to dream? :)

What about moving to a headed Genie server that outputs to 4k over HDMI and would have HDMI 2.1 built in? Also have it be small maybe something like 8" x 5" X 1"? Or 10" x 5" x 1"?

What about moving to a headed Genie server that outputs to 4k over HDMI and would have HDMI 2.1 built in? Also have it be small maybe something like 8" x 5" X 1"? Or 10" x 5" x 1"?
And where in that 1 inch unit do you plan to put the HD? TV's dont even support HDMI 2.1 yet

What about moving to a Headed Genie Server that outputs 16K over HDMI with HDMI3.0 built in and supports 30 tuners and built in Wireless AD support with CAT6E and also has a makes pop tarts

The members on tivocommunity who have Hydra would not support your number 2 request

Reactions: harshness
What about moving to a Headed Genie Server that outputs 16K over HDMI with HDMI3.0 built in and supports 30 tuners and built in Wireless AD support with CAT6E and also has a makes pop tarts
Everyone is speculating in this thread. Why do you not like speculating? :)

DirecTV needs to come up with a stand alone 4K DVR...

What is a single TV household with a 4K TV supposed to do if they want 4K ability on their single TV? Right now get a Genie PLUS the 4K Genie Mini and pay the $7 extra TV fee for it even though they only have one TV?!?!?!?!? DUMB!

Reactions: Jimbo

What is a single TV household with a 4K TV supposed to do if they want 4K ability on their single TV? Right now get a Genie PLUS the 4K Genie Mini and pay the $7 extra TV fee for it even though they only have one TV?!?!?!?!? DUMB!
They probably won’t. Next release will be the C71 with the IP service. If it supports 4K streaming channels then they push people that way

Otherwise I am sure the data indicates X amount of households they serve have more than one tv. So why develop another box when maybe 5-10 percent of there households have more than 1

They get the Genie 2 + client which does not include an extra $7 fee since it isn't charged for the HS17.

Reactions: comp9
They probably won’t. Next release will be the C71 with the IP service. If it supports 4K streaming channels then they push people that way

Otherwise I am sure the data indicates X amount of households they serve have more than one tv. So why develop another box when maybe 5-10 percent of there households have more than 1
Your saying only 10% of D* subs have more than 1 TV ?

I find that VERY HARD to believe ...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts