Any problems using a barrel connector with the FTA Dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iafirebuff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Waterloo, Iowa
Just wondering if there is a problem using an 'f" barrel connector to connect to the FTA Dish? Just wondering as I have a Dish 500 dual lnbs, and I do not use the second line from it. So as my FTA dish is going to me mounted near my Dish 500, and these are mounted to a shed about 60' from my house, I thought instead of running a new line and having to bury it, I would just tap into the existing line. Any problems doing this? THanks in avance!

Larry :)

if you are replacing one line of DIsh with FTA, you can use a barrel connector. I have a few in my setup. If its outside in the elements, make sure to cover it (I use electrical tape)

Thanks! I have a commercial style cable company type utility box (all weather) that I have the current switch in, so I will have it inside this box. That will save me from having to bury more coax! I have about 5 or 6 lines already in the ground - running out of space :)

Larry :)

I now the feeling...got 12 cable runs into my house from outside (7 from the roof to the basement...5 from under the deck into the house)

Iceberg said:
if you are replacing one line of DIsh with FTA, you can use a barrel connector. I have a few in my setup. If its outside in the elements, make sure to cover it (I use electrical tape)

A thin coat of good silicone sealant over the barrel connector and put some heat shrink tubing over that while the sealant is still wet, shrink it down this will work really nice in the elements.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts