Any problems with Voom this morning?

kevcar0603

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 25, 2005
This morning I noticed some HBO channels not coming in and my receiver in the living room would not turn on. I had to reset the box to get it to work. I always leave the one int the living room off when not in use. Just wondering if anyone had any similar problems.

HBO channels 205 and 207 are down.

Discover HD has not been coming in for me since yesterday. This is hardly keeping service until the end.

Just lost all satellite channels, except for those that come in clear (like FamilyRoom, Animania, ESPN).
Had to reboot. The channels are back, but now I am missing four HBO channels: 205, 207, 208, 209.
Discovery 601 is missing too, as before.
(Not that it matters to me - I have all these channels on Cable ;)).

Ilya said:
Just lost all satellite channels, except for those that come in clear (like FamilyRoom, Animania, ESPN).
Had to reboot. The channels are back, but now I am missing four HBO channels: 205, 207, 208, 209.
Discovery 601 is missing too, as before.
(Not that it matters to me - I have all these channels on Cable ;)).

Ilya,

How's the HD quality on Adelphia? It looks like I am headed in that direction until this whole HD mess settles down.

Well I noticed the loss of a few HBO's yesterday actually but since have em on Comcast as well wasnt a big deal for me. One odd thing tho, I'd left Voom box on A@E last night and today while the top bar over the vid image when you use guide says A&E the network bug is for FX and the shows are FX's not A&E's

Near Roanoke, VA we have Adelphia.
It may vary for each area, but it is fine here. The HD is right about the level of VOOM. However, the SD is the best of all (D* and E*). But E* had the best HD (as of when I left it about a year or two ago).
I will mix E* and Adelphia. E* for HD package, and cable for the rest (only way to get local HD behind my mountain). And, even the cable analog channels are better than E*.
The only trade off is Adelphia does not have STEREO for many analog channels.

dtsfanohio said:
Ilya,

How's the HD quality on Adelphia? It looks like I am headed in that direction until this whole HD mess settles down.
The PQ is not bad, but it's not consistent. It varies from one time to another. And rather often I get severe pixelation, much worse than on VOOM!
To tell the truth, I haven't been watching much programs on cable since I got it last week. Watching VOOM primarily and recording cable programs (NDNet, InHD, etc.) to DVR for later viewing...

I'll post more about my Adelphia experience in our Adelphia Cable forum when I get a chance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts