Any progress on hacking the old Voom STBs?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

txdude

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2004
Dallas/Ft.Worth
Hi guys, it's been a long time since I've visited SatelliteGuys. The website looks great! Actually, I haven't been by since Voom went under. After that I switched over to Comcast, which has since become Time Warner in this area.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand... I was moving some stuff out of my attic a couple of days ago and came across my two activated Voom receivers which I tested and both still work great for OTA, so I was going to just put them on craigslist, but I was wondering if anyone has been hacking at the software on these boxes to get some additional functionality out of them like enabling the USB port, or if anyone knows of any websites that may have more info about these boxes? It'd be awesome if we could get video out of that USB port.

Nothing can be done with them as there is no software in place which would let users hack on some features.

Most if not all the folks trying gave up a long time ago. :(

Long Live Voom.

Thanks for the reply Scott. That's sad to hear, I was hoping these STBs had some potential other than just being bare bones HD OTA tuners. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)