Any reason this wouldn't work???

asmcbride

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
WV/VA
I'm planning to upgrade to the 622 soon and planning to do the following: I'm planning to buy a HDMI y-Splitter to split that signal and send it to the local HD set as well as through the ceiling to another HD in another room that doesn't get used as often. I realize that when both are being used at the same time that they will be seeing the same channel, however is there any reason that would stop me from also using the TV2 agile output on the 622 to backfeed through a diplexer back to these secondary set so when both sets are in use at the same time that I could just use the coax input to watch different channels? I figure this will allow me to watch HD feeds on the secondary set, but also give me the ability to watch a different channel when that rare occurence happens, all without having to add a second HD receiver.

I plan to use a signal equalizer or repeater for the HDMI cable. Any reason that this wouldn't work? Wouldn't I just be changing inputs on the secondary TV show it would change between HDMI source and coax source?

It should work alright, but I question the Y-split for the HDMI.
Why not use Component and optical digital for the main set, esp. if you have a A/V DD receiver. Then just run HDMI direct to the second set, along with the modulated coax signal. I doubt you'll see any difference between HDMI or Component. I question those that say they see a difference.

fred

That's a good idea, I guess I can either go with the HDMI Y-Splitter or just use component on the local set. Component would actually be better, because like you said I could then send my optical audio to my home theater receiver. Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)