Any reason to go with Joey 2.0 rather than the 4k Joey?

solution.

Considering more app developers seem to be tightening to Apple or Android, in the long run Roku's unique OS is what is gonna kill them in years to come, and not too far off from now. Sadly Dish's media solution falls short, but I do use it on occasion to keep up with whatever changes it gets.

Too bad no one is telling the consumers that:

Parks Associates: Roku increases market share among streaming media players, extending its lead on Amazon, Google, and Apple

Better doesn't always win, but at least Amazon is growing.

Bully for you, but do you know how easy it is to watch Netflix on Dish? Simply change channel to 370 or pick Netflix icon from the menu, no changing inputs or remotes, and the 4k Joey is faster to boot along with supporting 4k.

It is easy. And I think including Netflix in their receivers is the smartest thing Dish could have done. It keeps people in their "ecosystem." My 13-year-old daughter wouldn't use or care about Dish at all if the receiver didn't have Netflix. This way, she sees the movies and shows on the DVR that I've recorded for her when she turns the receiver on. Otherwise, she'd just go straight for the Fire Stick and do Netflix or Youtube.

Reactions: littlecloud319
Got my new 4K Joey on Saturday. Activated it, quick and easy. After using it for a couple days, I believe it as just as fast as my Hopper 3. It's very thin and low profile. Looks like a mini Hopper. I really like it so far. Going to try out the built-in bluetooth later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)