OTHER Any Receivers with S-Video Out any more?? And other Questions

Achebee

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 8, 2009
Honduras
Are there any receivers out there besides the Pansat 9200's that have s-video out anymore??
I like to record using that even if i can only record to 480i it is better quality than the RCA video out.
I am having problems with my last 3 long standing 9200's and I am ready to just stop using them after having changed all the caps and used them for many years, etc. etc. Just can't find any parts or anything for them anymore. Which is too bad because their menu was so easy to use and I just like them.
I am reading all sorts of reviews of these newer sets, and they are all so darn small, I can't even get my fingers in there to plug in the video out anymore..all this mini stuff..I don't know, I'm old school I know, but man, with all of this going on, why can't anyone come up with a good set that handles 4:2:2 now that Azbox Premium*'s are no longer supported ???
Of all these boxes, I know each of you has a favorite, but is there an over-all consensus on which of the new sets is overall the best to use these days?? I need to replace my 9200's. I have a couple Manhattans and I really don't like the menu and they are small..Is there a mid size box left out there?? One that you can actually handle the stuff in back without using a microscope?? All this small little midi stuff is not my cup of tea.. Any suggestions for an over-all decent, runs good receiver out there ,to replace my Pansats? I have 3 Azbox Premium +'s still working in this small bed n breakfast set-up I have, but I have had to rework all the power converters etc. etc. the same old same old with those boxes..
Thanks in advance for suggestions of which way to turn for an old-school user.. HB
S-video out??? I doubt it, but just maybe ??

LinkBox 9000i and LinkBox 9000i Local are mid-sized boxes.No S-Video out though.Why not record to usb hard drive?

Very satisfied with my 9000i.Only drawbacks: A little slow to blindscan. And some users have reported not being able to re-install previously made channel backups. (I have not tried this myself) No 4:2:2,which is normal for about all STB's.

GeoSat MicroHD is a great receiver as well,but it IS small.

Reactions: Achebee
LinkBox 9000i and LinkBox 9000i Local are mid-sized boxes.No S-Video out though.Why not record to usb hard drive?

Very satisfied with my 9000i.Only drawbacks: A little slow to blindscan. And some users have reported not being able to re-install previously made channel backups. (I have not tried this myself) No 4:2:2,which is normal for about all STB's.

GeoSat MicroHD is a great receiver as well,but it IS small.

I did not know the Linkbox's have a usb out. Let me go take a look at the specs on this receiver.Others have been saying good things about it..Isn't the Linbox made by the same folks that made the Pansats??
Thanks for your advise, and I will also check out that MicoHD however, many folks have stated that they are waiting for the next model that comes out with fewer bugs..but I will read about these receivers....Thanks again, HB

Yes,LinkBox comes from the former PanSat folks as I understand it.

MicroHD is a fine receiver,but it has been discontinued and hard to find a new unit.As mentioned above...It is very small.

Another receiver many ppl like is the Manhattan DJ-1997.I have not owned one myself. Hypermegasat sells both the LinkBox and the Manhattan.

All receivers have their own quirks.Some receivers are just plain rubbish.An on-site search will find reviews of about any FTA receiver. (And other components)

Some ppl are holding off on purchasing a new receiver until there is a viable 4K receiver,provided they have a satisfactory receiver to tide them over until then.Personally,I see little use for 4K/UHD at this time and am in no hurry to retire my 9000i.Any questions,just ask.Lots of smart members here who are willing to help.

Thanks for your help and info..
I've got a Linkbox 8000 and also I have 2 manhattans here that I bought from Rick in Missouri... I travel a lot and am not around, I have everything set-up and my crew keeps them under control when I am not here, so after a couple years of using the smaller boxes because I bought the last 9200's I could find, I did not even read the Manuals on the Manhattans, I just installed them and dove into the menus and blind scanned and set them up and that was it..I didn't really look in the back other than hook-up the HDMI, and I now see, after talking to you, that you can record out via USB to an external HD..... DUH...I can not believe I did not even look at the back..I am just used to recording with the Pansats using the S-video..
So your message of a few days back got me looking and now I see that almost all the new receivers have that option and no wonder no one is using s-video etc. anymore..
So I am interested to see what new boxes do come out...right now I am changing over to the USB record on one of the Manhattans, and retiring the last 9200 to another guest room for now.
Anyway, Armadillo, thanks again for your help..and yes, there are some great folks here, all of you are 5 star folks and I appreciate your help..Keep up the good work, and my best to you, HB

Reactions: armadillo_115
The LB 9000i has a usb port in front as well as on the rear.Hidden behind an access flap.I find it handy to record from the front port ... leaving my wireless usb plugged in full-time.

The PanSat and Manhattan may have a front usb port as well, IDK.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts