Any Recommendations For A Budget Android Phone?

TheKrell

A mighty and noble race originating on Altair IV.
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 4, 2007
Fairfax, VA
I've been happily using a rather retro Motorola Defy that recently refused to charge it's battery. The charge indicator remains at 0% forever, regardless of charger. I bought a brand new OEM battery, which does the same thing. :(

I'm now using my really really retro Samsung Behold II, and wow that is much slower than I remember. So I'm looking for a replacement. I'm on T-Mobile, so I don't get subsidized any longer. In looking around this morning, I think a Moto E is a pretty close fit to my needs. The price is right, the display and performance is spectacular, but the camera is (according to reviewers) pretty crappy, especially in low light conditions. Dang it!

Any recommendations?

Hmmm Moto G. The Moto X is the big brother of the E and is very similar except it's fatter and handles the camera well. The E does not. :(

I'm afraid the HTC Desire will be as ponderous as my Samsung Behold II.

Just read that there's an updated version of the MOTO X being released shortly, the MOTO X t1, sounds interesting.

sent via my MOTOROLA MOTO X on sprint.

Well, I get a late birthday present of a Moto E. Now I have to deal with the micro-SIM slot and never being able to swap out SIMs into an older phone (of which I have many, all of which have accept a mini-SIM).

With the cancerous final death of my beloved htc Thunderbolt, I made the switch to a Galaxy S5 yesterday. This thing is so fast and bright display, I can now see why people are moving to phone for everything. Screen is bigger than I am used to but after two days with it I think I will come to like it.