ANy recommendations for ReplayTV with DishNetwork

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
yes and it works great. I just connect it up like a cable tv box. Use the IR blaster to control changing the channels and remember to delete the channels that you are not subscribed to.

svarney said:
yes and it works great. I just connect it up like a cable tv box. Use the IR blaster to control changing the channels and remember to delete the channels that you are not subscribed to.
I have 2 hooked up to E*. One to a 921 one to a 6000u and have another hooked up to a D* sd receiver. All networked with 3 pc's. Use code 0775 for the blaster. And check your guide almost daily as there will be additions you won't want to watch...Btw the Replay will handle 2 service's at once it will just map one to different channels.. My D* box still has E* info so the D* channels start at 1000....

I had it and while it worked channel surfing was really show. Besides the time it take the E* STB to start to display the channel there was an additional delay while the Replay box recompressed the buffered the signal. Plus there was the additional delay entering the channel number, via the Replay remote, which then the Replay box needed to reenter one digit at a time to the E* STB. These issue are for not only E* but D* or a digital cable box.

I also use ReplayTVs and they work fine with D*, E* and cable. Any time you use a stand alone you get the change lag, however there are more features that outweigh that, like the ability to off-load your raw programs to PC, DVD, or VHS. You can also share them to other ReplayTV and over your network. You can also change, delete or add programming via the internet from anywhere. Non-partnered so that means commercual advance/skip and NO POP UP ADS!

I ordered a 5504 the day before the 921's lowered price...(gave up on catching a 5xxx series again) and the 5504 was 49$ after rebate...I use it for streaming downrezzed HD from one of my pc's and the other 2 Replays when In the Ht room... I archive now from my 921 and get a better aspect ratio than I get from my 6000u. The slow surfing is not an issue as I pick what I want from the guide instead of channel surfing... I got hooked on BB5 and got a couple of episodes that got lost from poopli, another feature I love about Replay, if only they up and downloaded faster:) And as Charper 1 states the editing and archiving to Dvd can't be beat...

dfergie said:
I love about Replay, if only they up and downloaded faster

What speeds are you getting? I get double (600kbps) their recommended max for 100% error free transfers. I have never tried bumping it up to my network's capability of 108mbps. I would fear damage that they may not warranty.

charper1 said:
What speeds are you getting? I get double (600kbps) their recommended max for 100% error free transfers. I have never tried bumping it up to my network's capability of 108mbps. I would fear damage that they may not warranty.
to dvarchive? or to another unit? I get 400-600 when going to dvarchive. But is there not a limit to sending or receiving from another unit?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)