Any RSP's out there?

anyone can answer?....when 522 and 322 first came out that was some crap there.this was before ddplus,so running two lines to each recvr was a huge deal....

VIASATELLITE said:
How many RSP's are there is the U.S.?

Check your scorecard... that'll tell ya.

Biggest problem we had when I worked for Atlantis was Line of sight.. we've regularly had 15% of our jobs go down for no line of sight of 119 @ 25 degrees.

That and dealing with retailers who will sell the customer the moon.

bcshields said:
Check your scorecard... that'll tell ya.

Biggest problem we had when I worked for Atlantis was Line of sight.. we've regularly had 15% of our jobs go down for no line of sight of 119 @ 25 degrees.

That and dealing with retailers who will sell the customer the moon.

I'll 2nd that! Too many times have I ran into an install where at the VERY END of installation, the customer pops the question, "where's my FREE dvd player?" Arrrghhh! Either the customer is confused by DVR vs. dvd player or...worse...the retailer snookered the customer into thinking the player was going to be installed along with the receivers.

Biggest problem for me is cabling on brand-new houses.

"What do you mean you've got to run cable around the house? The electrician told me the house was pre-wired!" :(

Scariest words an installer can hear: "It's pre-wired". :no

Oh - and:

"You need to put the dish WHERE? I wanted it on the back of the house!"

Yeah, and pointing north, right?

How about these....All of them my Personal Favorites...LOL

1. Very elderly customers...the kind that think the world owes them everything or the kind that bake you cookies and have plastic over their furniture. LOVE the customer education angle on that one!

2. "Ohhh...That dish is sooooooo ugly!"

3. Modifying Work Orders. First call to our RSP office, then they call Dish, then and only then, the customer most likely change their minds again...LOL

4. Renters.

5. 322's, 522's, 625's. I work in a market where the only DPP technology goes with the Voom, 2nd Dish @ 61.5, and those are VERY rare. All Hail the Dish 1000, bringer of hope and light...LOL

Shouldn't the new Dish1000 have a cute nickname...Something like the Dish1K?!?!

Sorry...we in Wisconsin are all waiting with baited breath.

Jenna

Tree's, high rise buildings, new homes wired with rg-59, well intentioned adult children buying theyr elderly parents that new fangled tv box thingamajigger, " you mean its not wireless and you have to use cables?", I cant get ( any old public access station or obscure local station ) this channel?, not understanding that a dual tuner works the same as two receivers, the mentality of they are owed everything just because they called us, adding an additional tv after the job is completed, wanting the good old boys hunting rv wired up, his neighbor who has directv thats not working wants you to fix it for free, the family member or friend that swears how often the satellite goes out when the wind/rain/snow/ blows, completing an install only to have a majour storm come in and keep the signal from getting to the dish, heavy work loads, shoulder jockey's, chatty customers, kids, dogs, cats, roaches, ants, things best left in the dark parts of your worst nightmares.

Thats the obstacles.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)