Any SatRaders left ?

This is the only way I hear Xm anymore is in my house and the guys that bailed them out drops them for another music provider . Kinda funny .

Why pay for Satellite Radio if your satellite television provider gives you the core service for free?

I always thought it was a bad business move to have them on the satellite television providers service.

Why pay for Satellite Radio if your satellite television provider gives you the core service for free?

I always thought it was a bad business move to have them on the satellite television providers service.
A teaser and plus the fact that you only get a fraction of what is on Satellite radio.

The main reason I got XM is so I could listen to the Dodgers play when I am outside of my DMA (especially my spring ski trips to CO).

I think the main market is in vehicles. And I don't see 103, 104 or 105, the comedy channels on Dish. Or 141 BBC News.

I dropped my XM service for all 3 vehicles. Got tired of listening to DJs. At home I usually listen to AOL radio connected to my home audio via a laptop. Pandora is starting to interest me though.

Does Slacker do live sports and talk?

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Slacker Radio Links With ABC News

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
slacker.gif

San Diego-based Slacker, the online personalized radio service backed by Mission Ventures, Austin Ventures, Centennial Ventures, Rho Ventures, and Sevin Rosen Funds, said Thursday that it is adding ABC News to its Slacker personal radio service. The firm said that the firm's listeners will have access to a dedicated news station including ABC News content. Slacker said the new service will feature news segments from Diane Sawyer, George Stephanopoulos, Good Morning America, Nightline, and more. Financial details of the deal were not disclosed. Slacker said ABC News integration is expected early this year, and will be available for unlimited access to Slacker Radio Plus subscribers, with a limited time no-cost trail for Slacker Basic Radio subscribers.

Here's a thought: Where there's ABC, ESPN will soon follow since they're the same company. ESPN Radio on Slacker by CES 2011?

[/FONT]

Last edited:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Slacker Radio Links With ABC News

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
slacker.gif

San Diego-based Slacker, the online personalized radio service backed by Mission Ventures, Austin Ventures, Centennial Ventures, Rho Ventures, and Sevin Rosen Funds, said Thursday that it is adding ABC News to its Slacker personal radio service. The firm said that the firm's listeners will have access to a dedicated news station including ABC News content. Slacker said the new service will feature news segments from Diane Sawyer, George Stephanopoulos, Good Morning America, Nightline, and more. Financial details of the deal were not disclosed. Slacker said ABC News integration is expected early this year, and will be available for unlimited access to Slacker Radio Plus subscribers, with a limited time no-cost trail for Slacker Basic Radio subscribers.

Here's a thought: Where there's ABC, ESPN will soon follow since they're the same company. ESPN Radio on Slacker by CES 2011?

[/FONT]
Nice !

Slacker has some non music programming but no sports and absolutely nothing live.

Sorry I do not understand the question. I simply stated theat they have some non musicakl programming but no sports. Are you asking what else they have?

As you posted Slacker has a deal with ABC now. At this moment it only seems to include news talk programming and requires a Slacker Plus subscription---though the rest of us will get a free trail.

no but the music is second to none . I get my sports and comedy shows from podcasts . I don't mind that it's not live .

Slacker has quitea bit of comedy. Ther are pre programmed comecy channels similar to those on XM/Sirius and you can cobble together one of your own. I did that for a "Classic' comedy channel I enjoy from time to tie. but the great thing about Slacker is that you can build channels to your own taste.

The fact that the bandwidth isn't being clogged up with sports coverage I find to be a plus. There are other apps for that, I have the ESPN Radio (for live Kornheiser mostly) app and, very soon MLB at Bat when I want to listen to that sort of thing. I don't buy the sports zombies' argument that just because it doesn't have every sport on the freaking planet, that it makes it an inferior product.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts