Any update regarding distant networks in HD?

yromj

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 22, 2005
Hot Springs, AR
I've been busy building my new room for the past few months (it's still not done, but it's getting a little closer every day) so I haven't had a chance to follow this as closely as I would have liked.

The last thing I heard was that CBS West (which I'm allowed to receive but don't have the extra dish for) was possibly going to begin broadcasting on a sat I could pick up (119 I believe?). Does anybody know if this has happened?

Also, what about receiving HD networks that aren't my locals, say Chicago's for example? Is there any word about this?

Thanks,

John

I don't know why they haven't turned on CBS-HD West @ 129, but I guess they don't care about offering changing the old system they have in place

and don't expect to see the other distants unless dish can settle with fox before losing all their distant services and also having the networks agree to allow dish to start offering distant hd in the new agreements they've signed

^^ Yep, it makes no sense.

All the duplicated HD programming on 148 could be turned off and used for better purposes. (i.e. a west coast HD LiL)

FWIW, the bitrate on HBO 148W is lower than the HBO-HD bitrate on 110W on the same showing - at least on the last 3 tests I have done - the latest being Executive Target 12 hours ago - 12.34Mbps Video on 148W and 12.70Mbps on 110W.

I have not seen an incident of SHO-HD higher on 110W, but admit I have not done more than 1 test on it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)