Any US actions against a subscriber?

excuse for sounding stupid, but did you give them a us phone no as
primary or secondary phone no?

probably VOIP (Vonage, Packet8, etc...Voice over IP...Voice over internet). You can get a "phantom" number that rings at your house

example...you live in Minneapolis and your phone number is 612-555-1111. You get a "phantom" number of 416-555-1111. 416 is a Toronto area code. People in Toronto call the 416 # and it points to your 612 #

example...you live in Minneapolis and your phone number is 612-555-1111. You get a "phantom" number of 416-555-1111.
you got it
Stone, would you PM me on how you setup a canadian phone number? thanks
no, its simple find address in canada then find right area code then use new area code you found with any phone number you know ie if my real phone number ended 1234 my canadian number would end 4321
example if my us # was (123)987-1234 my candian # would be (321)789-4321 provided (321) was a real canadian area code
hope this helps

Last edited:

voice over IP. The Phantom number is a neat option. Its like $5 and you can get one for most areas

Lets say I have relatives in Winnipeg. I get a "phantom" number of 204-XXX-XXXX. My relatives in Winnipeg call that number and it rings at my house in Minneapolis with my 612-XXX-XXXX (think toll free number but its a legit Peg number)

relatives dont get charged LD charges
I dont get charged Toll Free charges (toll free numbers arent really toll free. The person owning the number pays the charge)
StarChoice or ExpressVu needs to calls me. They call me on the 204 number

from the vonage site (www.vonage.com)
Vonage Virtual Phone Numbers are inexpensive secondary phone numbers that ring to your primary Vonage line or SoftPhone. When you select Virtual Phone Numbers in the same areas as your far-away friends, relatives or customers, they pay local rates for their calls to you.

Virtual Phone Numbers for the US, Canada, Mexico and the UK are just $4.99 each. Virtual Phone Numbers for France, Italy, Ireland and Spain are just $9.99.

You can add Virtual Phone Numbers quickly and easily from your Vonage Online Account. For Virtual Phone Numbers in the US, click here to view the area codes we offer.

Vonage Virtual Phone Numbers have some very practical applications. Let's say, for example, that you're a Vonage customer living in New York:

Your new sweetie happens to reside in Tallahassee (area code 850). You add a Vonage Virtual Phone Number with an 850 area code. When sweetie calls you she pays local rates. It's as if you live next door. Your romance blossoms.

Your most important sales prospect is based in Paris. You add a Virtual Phone Number there. He thinks you have a local office. You don't even speak French. Eventually you're exposed. But your prospect becomes a customer anyway because he admires your resourcefulness - and saves money whenever he calls you.

Then there's Mom, who just up and moved to Mexico with a new sweetie of her own ...

if *c wants to get hold of you they send a mail message on their system. they did that when my credit card expired.

stone, I totally understand the phone number but what about you credit card's billing address. And did you deal with them directly or did your equipment provider (kusat) set you up.

Thanks

unless you are planning to have more than two receivers, i would not worry about a phone line. You do need a canadian address, if you get a montreal address, ( from kustat) you will get some simsubs, but no simsubs on hd channels.

KuSat does it all for you - Do not call *C direct.
ive never had a problem calling *c or bell dorect from usa via 1800 or 1888 i always *67 though but im sure that doesnt matter of course i always have my canadian address and phone number readily available before i call

so if i just ordered a system i would call direct myself that way you get the area you want and timezone plus no broker fee's
then tell them you want paperless billing

ive never had a problem calling *c or bell dorect from usa via 1800 or 1888 i always *67 though but im sure that doesnt matter of course i always have my canadian address and phone number readily available before i call

so if i just ordered a system i would call direct myself that way you get the area you want and timezone plus no broker fee's
then tell them you want paperless billing

IMO this is the best way to do it. I handled all my activation process myself, got a TO phone number added to my Vonage line and all is good. Activated paperless billing from the get-go, with zero hassles so far.

An added plus is that the *C CSR's are so damned FRIENDLY! LOL! I love talking to them as opposed to D*!

Step Two

So my 505 is inbound from kusat. They called me the day it shipped to ask if I was going to be a new sub. Told them yes and they started to give me the broker pitch. Explaned I had a canadian address (a cabin I'm guessing could one day be in Alberta, maybe). I also did the Voip thing for a local number and Ku told me they would set me up for free. Now I know Kusats going to get something from *C for setting me up. Now that's fine but I also want the most flexibility, like using the website for changes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts