Any Virginia HD Locals?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

VMI90

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 9, 2007
King William, VA
I already know the answer to my question, just a little frustrated. I know that with all the new HD we've gotten over this past year I should be happy, but when the majority of programming we watch are the local networks, it's hard not to be frustrated.

Just imagine how I felt when on the local news here in Richmond, VA yesterday they announced that Dish network started broadcasting local channels in HD. Then they proceeded to say that the area cable providers are already broadcasting local channels in HD.

Don't get me wrong, I love DirecTV because of the NFL package and would not consider another provider. OTA is not an option, not because of the relative distance to the stations, but the topography of my land and the way my home is situated.

It's just frustrating when I hear that DirecTV is broadcasting local HD in much smaller markets. I also have email confirmations from each of the 4 local netowrks stating that they DirecTV has had permission for years to broadcast their HD signal.

Oh well, hopefully with the new bird we'll finally be on the list.

Last edited:
I already know the answer to my question, just a little frustrated. I know that with all the new HD we've gotten over this past year I should be happy, but when the majority of programming we watch are the local networks, it's hard not to be frustrated.

Just imaging how I felt when on the local news here in Richmond, VA yesterday they announced that Dish network started broadcasting local channels in HD yesterday. Then they proceeded to say that The area cable providers are already broadcasting in HD.

Don't get me wrong, I love DirecTV because of the NFL package and would not consider another provider. OTA is not an option, not because of the relative distance to the stations, but the topography of my land and the way my home is situated.

Ist's just frustrating when I hear that DirecTV is broadcasting HD in much smaller markets. I also have email confirmations from each of the 4 local netowrks stating that they DirecTV has had permission for years to broadcast their signal.

When a certain frequent poster on this site ceases to be a D* customer everyone in Virginia in the major DMAs will get their HD locals. Until then, you're all SOL!

Just kidding. After D-11 becomes operational everyone in a major Virginia DMA should have their HDLILs via satellite--even Vurbano!

Good luck and be patient just a little while longer.

Last edited:
It's just frustrating when I hear that DirecTV is broadcasting local HD in much smaller markets.

....I feel your pain. Same on this end here in Virginia Beach. I think we're the largest city (pop) in Virginia and I'm still using my OTA to get local HD.:eek:

....I feel your pain. Same on this end here in Virginia Beach. I think we're the largest city (pop) in Virginia and I'm still using my OTA to get local HD.:eek:

Technically the DC/N.VA/MD is the largest. The Majority of the subscribers for that DMA are in Virginia. Norfolk is the largest DMA to get the screw followed by Richmond than Roanoke.

Just imagine how I felt when on the local news here in Richmond, VA yesterday they announced that Dish network started broadcasting local channels in HD. Then they proceeded to say that the area cable providers are already broadcasting local channels in HD.

It's just frustrating when I hear that DirecTV is broadcasting local HD in much smaller markets. I also have email confirmations from each of the 4 local netowrks stating that they DirecTV has had permission for years to broadcast their HD signal.

I told you the spot beam reaches. :)

The address provided for the SD & HD Local Receive Facility is actually the same address as our local NBC affiliate. Is this kind of thing coincidental? Do the local net's bid for the right to be the "receive facility"?

4233 Carolina Ave.
Richmond, VA 23222

I been to there before. That is right next the the go-kart racing.

Oh man I been in that building before. I had a service call on their equipment.

4233 Carolina Ave.
Richmond, VA 23222

I been to there before. That is right next the the go-kart racing.

Oh man I been in that building before. I had a service call on their equipment.

So what exactly does this mean? What are the SD and HD local receive facilties and what does it mean that for Richmond they are the same address?

So what exactly does this mean? What are the SD and HD local receive facilties and what does it mean that for Richmond they are the same address?

It's where they collect the OTA signal for use. Yes they are at that address. That building is one big head unit.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)