Any Way To Add Ntsc Analog Channel 3 To Atsc On Coax ?

DRCars

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 16, 2010
Southern USA
I supply my neighbor with TV signal from my antenna via a distribution amp and 200 ft. RG 6 cable (he can't manage to get all the channels that I can). Sometimes he also enjoys watching things that I am watching on my BUD satellite system. To do that I send the satellite composite signal to a VCR, hook his coax to it, and use the VCR's modulator to send him an SD NTSC feed. Sometimes I forget to hook him back up to the TV signal.:rollingeyes

Is there any way to add that signal (Ch 3) to the TV antenna signal without messing it up?

I think I tried a combiner and the results were terribly bad.

DRCars

The most common method is use a Channel 3/4 modulator and a 2 way splitter in reverse as a combiner. The hard part is what channels (actual) are in use by local broadcasters If you were to have a 35-1 channel that actually broadcast on Channel 4 that would kill the combiner idea.

Doesn't the FCC require that either 3 or 4 be unused in every market?

I think so. Anyway the lowest channel in use in my area is RF channel 7.

I recall trying the reversed splitter (as combiner) and something was amiss. Since that is what is being suggested I guess I could try it again in case I SNAFUed something when I tried it before.

Edit: Guess I was right, I must have SNAFUed something when I tried it before. It seems to work just fine now.

Thanks for affirming it should work....It does.

DRCars

They still make NTSC channel 3 combiners. Check Ebay

can combine ASTC and channel 3 into one cable with no signal loss

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts