Any way to force a logout of dish anywhere on an ios device?

GOMD

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 14, 2012
cleveland
I was wondering if anyone knows a way to force a logout of the dish anywhere iphone app? I was allowing my niece to login and watch but I would like to put a stop to it. Without being able to access her device, it seems I am out of luck. Last time I just changed my account password, but until the device was actually reset the app stayed logged in, even after a password change.

Last time I just changed my account password, but until the device was actually reset the app stayed logged in, even after a password change.
That's a poor design if that is the case.

I know on the Android version, there's an "Authorized devices" menu and I thought I could select devices and de-authorize them, but that's not the case. It simply lists them. You can only de-authorize the device in your hand.

Even at the DishAnywhere website, it tells you this:
Devices are auto-activated when you watch premium On Demand content from networks like Starz and Encore. You may only deauthorize a device from that device itself. Authorized devices expire after 30 days of inactivity.
As long as the person opens the app within 30 days, it will keep access indefinitely (???).

Not sure how accurate the part about watching premium content is either. I simply opened the app and my device says it's good for another 30 days. I didn't watch anything.

It can only be done from be device it is auth from. You can try changing your user name on there and see if that pushes through that the app is not recognized login on their device. Or you could call and ask her to de authorize it.

Can anyone please confirm this to be the case?

I changed my password a week ago to get my EX off my account.
I noticed the new Game of Thrones was watched on HBO.

Meaning:
A - she had my PERSONAL password (completely possible had she done enough snooping when we were together). This would be devastating to know because she would have access to many of my person things.

or

B - Her HBO iphone app remained logged on despite the password change

Changing he password should do it, but if it doesn't, then I would see about resetting the whole account. This would be done through an agent and is not usually recommended, but if you don't mind the hassle, sometimes worth it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)