Any way to lookup a tp by frequency

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

chuckinnc

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2006
Western,NC
I have been trying to reset my dish to 97 but can't find it as easily as in the past. I have found strong signals
with good quality on 11,971 H using blind scan but no stations. Im trying to identify this sat so I will know witch
way to turn the dish, I have tried LyngSat but don't see this freq tp on any fta sats, maybe it's a dish or direct sat?

You can search here:
http://sathint.com/

I don't think you are on 97W. Also sounds like you found an occasional feed that is not transmitting at the time you found it. These feeds may or may not be listed either. Someone may know what sat you are on by the frequency given. Also you may have to adjust the frequency you search for such as 11970 instead of 11971.

A google search can work as a last resort:
"11970 h satellite: yields some results, 91 W ABC feeds.

Im trying to identify this sat so I will know witch way to turn the dish,

I hate when that happens.

You should have found more than one frequency during a blind scan. I'd stay on that 'mystery satellite'. Try peaking az and el. Then blind scan again. Maybe more freqs will pop up and you can figure out where you are pointing.

Reactions: fred555
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts