Any way to set the clock?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dcwebman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 21, 2006
Spring, TX
The shows I tape with my HR10-250 are always missing the first 10-30 seconds. I mentioned this before and some people concurred that it sometimes happens to them too. I think I may have just realized why this is happening to me. Most of the shows I tape are OTA HD and if I'm not mistaken they come through faster than the satellite feed because they don't have to delay with the delay of the satellite. Of course I can't verify this because the HR10-250 won't pick up the D* HD locals.

I know I can set each recording to start 1 minute earlier but that will cause conflicts if I record back to back.

So, is there any hack or other way to set my receiver so that it actually is off by let's say 20 seconds?

I'd like to know the answer to this question as well. Last night I noticed that my HR10-250 was off by almost 2 minutes. My Tivo said that it was 7:58pm, but it was actually 8:00pm. And, it was not limited to OTA HD locals either -- it happened for all of the channels.

scotsmanron said:
They don't want to do that, as it messes up back to back recordings.

Yep. Especially on Thursdays, when I tape Survivor, CSI, Without a Trace, That 70s show, My Name is Early and The Office.

Try the Clear and Delete Everything. This might speed things up so there is no delay.
Write down all your season passes so you can re-enter them after.

Last edited:
It's not a clock problem in most cases. This is related to the HR10 not being able to start the recording on time due to a failing hard drive, database needing reorganization, etc. There are several threads over at the tivocommunity forum discussing this.

Last edited:
elephant98 said:
I'd like to know the answer to this question as well. Last night I noticed that my HR10-250 was off by almost 2 minutes. My Tivo said that it was 7:58pm, but it was actually 8:00pm. And, it was not limited to OTA HD locals either -- it happened for all of the channels.

If you tell the HD Tivo to make either its daily call or a test call, one of the things that happens as a result of this call is that the clock setting is updated.

herdfan said:
There was a bug that I thought had been fixed.:(

What happens is that different satellites have a different time setting. If you leave your recorder, on a transponder on a certain sat, it will reset your clock to the wrong time.

Do a search related to that over on TiVoCommunity.com and I think you will find a ton of info.

Here you go: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=272317

Thanks. I will look into it. I tried resetting the clock by doing a test call, but it didn't work either. I dont' know how to switch my DVR to a different satellite or transponder for when it does its scheduled download, but hopefully I will find something at the TivoCommunity forum.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)