any word on 4k launch?

mdram

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
Md
title says it all

with a 4k joey, and 4k capable hopper any guess as to when something will launch via sat?

Maybe some more VOD content. Would be nice if they added some type of special event channel for those that like sporting events that are (or soon will be) available in 4K. Maybe a 4K movie channel or two. Otherwise, I doubt there will be a 4K everything, like HDTV (720/1080) has now.

Awww... you must have missed the memo...

They're skippin' 4K and goin' straight ta 16K...

From what I hear, everything else is goin' ta be obsolete by mid-August...

So reserve your new Hopper6000SUX as soon as humanly possible...

You understand that is not 4K, in fact it could be a worse picture than on a 1080P TV...
I have yet to see that be the case though I suppose a not so good 4K TV might not upscale as well as it could. On mine all upscaling from 720p and up has been excellent from all sources. SD to 4K upscaling is a bit hit or miss, but always better than it was on my previous 1080p TV.

Sent from my samus using Tapatalk

I have yet to see that be the case though I suppose a not so good 4K TV might not upscale as well as it could. On mine all upscaling from 720p and up has been excellent from all sources. SD to 4K upscaling is a bit hit or miss, but always better than it was on my previous 1080p TV.

Sent from my samus using Tapatalk

The 2015 4K models of Vizio, or at least the ones I compared to Samsung and Sony did not do a great job. To my eyes the 1080P sets looked better for 1080. (Vizio 4K was very good) On the Samsung I bought and the Sony the up converting was excellent. At least as good as 1080 sets.

Reactions: mdram
I notice the 65 inch Samsung has a 60 htz refresh rate, but the Vizio has a 240 htz rate. Why is the Samsung so slow.

I notice the 65 inch Samsung has a 60 htz refresh rate, but the Vizio has a 240 htz rate. Why is the Samsung so slow.

The lower end models will have 60HZ the higher end 120. So a higher end Samsung will have a 120HZ. The refresh rate is a contentious thing and manufacturers rate their sets differently.
Bottom line, some people won't see a difference in a 60HZ to a higher rate but 120 really is better and many can see the difference, it provides a smoother picture with potentially less blur. To get 240HZ manufacturers (not just Vizio) electronically "enhance" the picture with use of back lighting and other techniques and when that feature is turned on they claim you are seeing the equivalant of a 240HZ refresh rate. There are no true 240HZ 4K TVs. For me 120HZ is enough of a difference to not get a 60HZ, but if money is an issue you can get a very good picture possibly with more features for less money if you do get a 60HZ.

http://www.cnet.com/news/ultra-hd-4k-tv-refresh-rates/

Reactions: AZ.
As a new 4K tv owner, I wish Dish's VOD movie rentals would include 4K versions of current new movies. I do appreciate they have any 4K content, but it would be great if we could have current content.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Reactions: DWS44

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts