tigerfan33

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2007
Alabama
Any word or timeframe of a 4K receiver?
Not a client but a real one. I know things are tight lip there but anything??
Now that 4K has launched it's time for the HR64??
I'm not interested in putting my main receiver in another room away from my main tv or tv's.

I think the way DTV is going is Server/Client. I sometimes think that way is cool but what happens when the main server breaks and all you have are clients? Also with Server/Client maybe DTV would let you use your own devices as HD and 4k clients? I think they should have a 4k Genie DVR that outputs through HDMI and a 4k Receiver not a client that would also output to 4k through HDMI.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
I think the way DTV is going is Server/Client. I sometimes think that way is cool but what happens when the main server breaks and all you have are clients? Also with Server/Client maybe DTV would let you use your own devices as HD and 4k clients? I think they should have a 4k Genie DVR that outputs through HDMI and a 4k Receiver not a client that would also output to 4k through HDMI.
what about sports bars? Hotels? where Server/Client may not work that well.

im waiting for the same thing
not gonna upgrade until a real 4k unit comes out

what about sports bars? Hotels? where Server/Client may not work that well.
I have a famous 4 Letter Network I do work for here in CT who wants 4K from DIRECTV and they want 4K going to 30 TV's throughout the complex. We have not found a solution yet to make this possible for them. DIRECTV has no ideas for us to get this done.

I have a famous 4 Letter Network I do work for here in CT who wants 4K from DIRECTV and they want 4K going to 30 TV's throughout the complex. We have not found a solution yet to make this possible for them. DIRECTV has no ideas for us to get this done.
What about SAT-IP or a SAT-IP hybrid system that could also have tuner based receivers?

All DirecTV got to do is put the C61 HW into the next Genie and you have a stand alone 4K Genie. But whatever was on the drawing is probably under review by AT&T. There been rumors that AT&T will like one box to work across all platforms.

What about SAT-IP or a SAT-IP hybrid system that could also have tuner based receivers?

as long as the ip portion does not hinder the sat portion

many people that have sat do not have high speed internet

Let's start a list of reasons for Directv to create a standalone 4K receiver. Here's a start:

- limited number of clients (4?)
- each client takes one tuner, likely interfering with scheduled recordings
- clients react to playback commands slower than standalone units
- customer retention and incentive: upgrade HR44 to 4K and fix the one-per-house limitation. We would love 5 tuners *and* 4K in multiple rooms!
- ability to use 4K across multiple SWM feeds (must be within same 8-channel SWM feed as HR44)
- 4K tv purchases are exploding. It won't be long before this is demanded by a large portion of the customer base.

Please add more!

Businesses need justification to fund development. Let's give them what they need.

Any word or timeframe of a 4K receiver?
Not a client but a real one. I know things are tight lip there but anything??
Now that 4K has launched it's time for the HR64??
I'm not interested in putting my main receiver in another room away from my main tv or tv's.

:welcome to Satelliteguys paulk2!
I know you have been here for nine years, but this is your first post!

All DirecTV got to do is put the C61 HW into the next Genie and you have a stand alone 4K Genie. But whatever was on the drawing is probably under review by AT&T. There been rumors that AT&T will like one box to work across all platforms.
Other people have said that the new server wont even have an HDMI output.

I wonder if it could be something like UVerse's NVG 599 modem that would have tuners in it along with a 1 TB SATA Hard drive?

If the new server didn't come with an HDMI out would you still be able to use it as a 4k Receiver with a remote? It would then just be hooked up to the TV through Ethernet or WIFI?

that would be fine as long as there was no charge for it and it had enough tuners to be a true server

If the new server didn't come with an HDMI out would you still be able to use it as a 4k Receiver with a remote? It would then just be hooked up to the TV through Ethernet or WIFI?
A new receiver/server would likely to have a hdmi port. It may be limited to service related activity and displaying ch. 101 for test purposes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)