any word on ipad specs?

Last I read, the 7" mini would get an HD Retina display (and likely a bigger processor).
Wasn't the full size model going to be lighter with more battery life, and thinner with more narrow bezel?
(and likely a bigger processor) ;)
?

The new iPad is the release I'm looking forward to the most. I'm still tied into a phone contract after upgrading to the iPhone 5 last year. I'm very much pleased with it for another year. But I'm still on my old iPad 2 and ready for an upgrade. It's been really reliable, but its starting to get really slow.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

It's actually kind of funny to see the big buildup / letdown over @ Mac Rumors. They are salivating over new Mac hardware and boldly predicting that it will be on (Started with WWDC, then the iOS event). Now they'll have to wait for either the Mavericks release, or something else.

I was surprised they didn't announce iPad as part of the larger iOS/iPhone event.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

I was surprised they didn't announce iPad as part of the larger iOS/iPhone event.
I was hoping for that "one more thing..." but that apparently has gone with Steve.

Perusing the Apple Store the only difference I see is the iPod Touch 32/64 GB, iPod Nano, and iPod Shuffle models are no longer available in Black, but Space Gray instead. Hardly stuff for an Apple Event.

I wonder if the 64 bit processor in the iPhone was a prelude to the next generation of iPad having 4GB+ of ram... That combined with a smaller bezel and probably smaller battery (made up for by a die shrink so same battery life) for a slimmer and lighter iPad....

I wonder if the 64 bit processor in the iPhone was a prelude to the next generation of iPad having 4GB+ of ram... That combined with a smaller bezel and probably smaller battery (made up for by a die shrink so same battery life) for a slimmer and lighter iPad....
I like the idea of a 64-bit iPad that isn't content just consuming content, but is capable of cranking out stuff that requires gigs and gigs of RAM.

I have no interest in going back to the iPhone until they come out with a bigger screen, but I am very excited about the new iPad Mini. If they do come out with a Retina display iPad Mini, I will be getting at least 2 of them. :D

I'm fine with my 3rd gen model. Seems like now there's only so much they can do with this thing. Not sure what they could have other than a spec bump and maybe a better display, but I can't remember the last time I looked at my screen and thought "Man, this display is SOOO low res and device is so slow.."

I get a stronger data signal on my iPhone 5 than my wife does on her iPad 3. It would be nice for them to improve on that.

I'm fine with my 4th gen model as well. It does everything I need it to do and at $629 for the Verizon LTE model it's not something I will upgrade every year or two like I do with subsidized phones. What I don't understand is why an unsubsidized iPhone 5S costs more than the most current iPad even if you buy the LTE model. As far as I know, carriers don't subsidize iPads and I have to think the bigger screen, battery and other internals on the iPad have to cost more than an iPhone to produce.

As far as I know, carriers don't subsidize iPads and I have to think the bigger screen, battery and other internals on the iPad have to cost more than an iPhone to produce.

AT&T will give you $100 off iPad for a 2 years contract. Not much but better than nothing.

Well I assume Verizon didn't subsidize my iPad 4 with LTE because I bought it directly from Apple and never actually activated it on the Verizon network. I have a share anything plan and it only costs $10 per month to add a tablet and share my data with it so I bought an LTE model. Most of their features can be added and removed as you please on a prorated basis and I confirmed with a Verizon rep that this is the case on the iPad too.

I wanted to activate the iPad when I travel but not keep it active all year and they told me I could do that and basically pay $0.35 per day when it is active which is kind of true. Unfortunately they didn't tell me that I would have to pay a $35 activation fee every single time I want to add it to my plan. I know I should have looked into this more myself but I didn't and they got me. Luckily the share everything plans also include mobile hotspot. I just turn that on with my iPhone 5 and get LTE to my iPad that way without any monthly fees. Look Verizon, you could have had my $10 several months of the year if you only charged the activation fee one time per device. Now I am sharing the same amount of data with no additional charges.