Any zip code I can "move" to that will allow me to get both Twin Cities stations and distant locals?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I don't mean to hijack but does anyone know of a zip that can get both San Antonio AND Austin locals? I know certain area's the cable co's provide both.

Right now I'm getting Dallas OTA (something like 52 channels! not that I an understand them all, lol) and San Antonio via DirecTV, would love to get Austin too.

Cable companies get to play by a different set of rules, ones that are much more lax than the ones Directv and Dish must go by.

There are no locals to get so spotbeams don't matter, you would get the Distant networks, via CONUS. You then would get whatever locals you get OTA.
(The idea is to find an area that is not served by locals)

I think I am going to do this (with a different false address in that town maybe), but is it safe to use an address that doesn't exist? (I NEVER use an address that actually exists.) I know that they use waivers to get NY and LA (at least I think in pretty much all situations), and I'm wary that if a waiver is used, they may verify my address is false and I get red-flagged?

Use a regular address but add an "A" to it, as if it's an apartment building. BTW, you do know you will only get the big four, yes? ABC, NBC, CBS, and Fox. The other local LA or NY channels are on spot beams.

Use a regular address but add an "A" to it, as if it's an apartment building. BTW, you do know you will only get the big four, yes? ABC, NBC, CBS, and Fox. The other local LA or NY channels are on spot beams.

So do something like this "100A E MAIN ST SONORA, TX 76950-2613" except a real house address with an A next to it. Is that safe to do if it's not really an apartment building? I just want to make sure I'm getting everything.

That should work, but if there is already an account there, that could raise a red flag. A better way is to pick a number in between two existing ones.

Think I got red-flagged, went back to my original locals and tried calling again, now they want to send an agent to check it out. Bad idea. Shoot.

I have to be in the spotbeam, right? If I am correct I wouldn't get a Texas signal from Rochester, MN or am I mistaken?

The DNS local networks are all CONUS beams.

All the more reason to just use a DNS eligible address so that you get both NY and LA, it's very nice to have west feeds to watch if you don't have a DVR and miss the east feed.

Think I got red-flagged, went back to my original locals and tried calling again, now they want to send an agent to check it out. Bad idea. Shoot.

Well that was just plain dumb of you. You never change your service address more than once in a 30 (preferably 60) day period. Also I'd never call to do it, I've always just sent them a email though the website. "I have moved, please update my service address to... thank you."

Get it set to your real home, get verified, and wait 1-2 months.

There is one other way to get DNS without having to use a fake address. If you have a title in your name to a RV or travel trailer you can say the system is installed in that and then be eligible for the DNS networks.

http://www.directv.com/learn/pdf/DNS_Vehicles_Aff.pdf

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/travelers/rvs

thats what you get for dancing on the landmine and trying to "move" too many times.

If they red flagged your account they will require a tech to come out anytime your address changes

thats what you get for dancing on the landmine and trying to "move" too many times.

If they red flagged your account they will require a tech to come out anytime your address changes

So I guess his only way now is a RV account.

?Is that for good, or will any time in the future can I "move" again?

I would assume for the life of the account.

You could cancel and sign up under a fake name and no SSN and pay a deposit...be sure to use all new info, phone, email, credit card number (get a bluebird account then get a sub account card issued with the fake name on it). As for the address being the same, tell them you just moved in, so wait a month after canceling.

I would assume for the life of the account.

You could cancel and sign up under a fake name and no SSN and pay a deposit...be sure to use all new info, phone, email, credit card number (get a bluebird account then get a sub account card issued with the fake name on it). As for the address being the same, tell them you just moved in, so wait a month after canceling.

Sounds to me like too much work and some fraud there. I don't want to get in trouble. Maybe I'll try "moving" again in a couple months (with my technician friend as a verification) and if that doesn't work, I'll just be happy with what I have. :)

Sounds to me like too much work and some fraud there. I don't want to get in trouble. Maybe I'll try "moving" again in a couple months (with my technician friend as a verification) and if that doesn't work, I'll just be happy with what I have. :)

Don't forget about the RV option. You don't have to have an actual RV (motorcoach, 5th wheel, travel trailer, not sure about pop ups I would think they would count), just one titled in your name. So if you know of someone that is junking one, ask them for the title and register it in your name.

Are you allowed to have 6 DVRs attached to an RV account?

Maybe if you have Will Smith's RV...

will-smith-440.jpg

usually its for good. I know there was a former member that was here who did the same thing and got busted. So when he legit moved they sent a tech out to verify everything (including all the receivers)

I bet you're right Iceberg. I was wondering if I could do this though? "Move" around a couple times where my locals don't change (maybe two or three times) so they don't need to verify, and finally after a long while, "move" to a different area with different locals (maybe after over a year or a year and a half). Probably wouldn't work but it's worth asking you guys right?

In the example I gave above when they moved that person home when he actually legit moved (about 2 miles away....still in Mpls market) they sent out a tech to verify

best to wait a few months before trying again

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts