any1 get new virus yet?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jeremydiederich1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 4, 2007
Burton,MI
Hi,

I had a new virus in my puter last week,pain in the a** to get rid of,had to use a french fix.

It was not recognized by norton,adaware,or spybot S&D. It created several popups that tried to get you to install their "virus killer". Every time I tried to delete it it came back with another name. It kept a balloon in the tray and kept popping up click here for antispy/virus. When balloon clicked it took you to a bogus web site that doen't really exist asking for your credit card info for the repair. The fake web pages was called Viruscan 3.8 .Just be warned......:mad:

Last edited:
google: "smitfraudfix"

edit: you used a "french fix" that is probably the one.

It's a "drive by download" you get just by by browsing to a malicious website.

I hope they have a special place in hell for Virus/Malware writers.

Life is too short to have it wasted on chasing bad code through your system.

Haven't had a infection in years,currently using XP,Comodo fire wall, and Firefox 2.0.0.6 :)

Matt

Edit:I don't use active Virus scan programs "Slows down the computer way too much!" just do a drive scan for virus and such once or twice a month.

Last edited:
I've been pretty lucky so far, and there should be a special corner of hell reserved for those butt lickers that write malicious code.

I'm currently running XP, Firefox, Zone Alarm Pro, Spybot, AdAware, AntiVirXP, and several add-ons for Firefox.

google: "smitfraudfix"

edit: you used a "french fix" that is probably the one.

It's a "drive by download" you get just by by browsing to a malicious website.
ya that was it thanks

was running xp,zone alarm,firefox,adaware,norton still got in,probably 1 of the kids or mother in law clicking something

I have always wondered about the type person who creates a computer virus. They are not illiterate people. If I am in the business of selling virus protection why not create viruses to keep my business flourishing. Hmmm.........:rolleyes: Kind of like hunting over a baited field.

was running xp,zone alarm,firefox,adaware,norton still got in,probably 1 of the kids or mother in law clicking something
My son got this on his PC a few months ago, but he didn't tell me about it. I saw what was happening when I logged in and when I started looking for help, found the same removal tool.

Unfortunately, the safest thing in this case is to rebuild the PC from the CDs that came with the system, because you can never guarantee that some other stealthy root kit didn't get installed in addition to the annoying pop-up crap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)