Any1 know if I could get HD locals OTA if im 89 miles north of Towers??????

That's practically impossible to answer without more information. 89 miles is a long way but I've heard of people who do it. The problem is what may lie between you and the transmitters. Is it completely flat or are their hills/mountains in the way? What is your budget? Do you have homeowner's restrictions that would prevent you from mounting a really large antenna on your house?

UHF or VHF channels. VHF channels you could proabably get. Go to radio shack and buy their biggest antenna and try it up on your roof. If it doesn't work then return it no questions.

From your name and a previous post I am assuming OKC. You will need to get the antenna as high as possible and it needs to be a fairly large antenna. I have pulled OKC from our ranch house south of Ada at 90 miles but not reliably. ABC may be tough for OKC because they broadcast in an hourglass shape to protect Lawton analog7 right now. We do get Tulsa great at Grand lake at about 75 miles with an old antenna and amp that has been up there for years.

I have been able to get signals from 100+ miles away. But, the terrain here is fairly flat, just some rolling hills. The antenna was up high 35' and huge (radio shack used to sell a 9' UHF antenna). I was able to get Dallas and Oklahoma City locals. I took it down when the local stations started digital broadcasts, and did not want to get into the issues of having antennas pointing multiple directions and cancelling eachother out.

Many stations are not broadcasting their HD at full power yet. You need to check with the AVS site listed above to see what your neighbors are getting.

All stations in Tulsa and OKC are full power.Its just KOCO in OKC contours their signal to protect analog 7 in Lawton and KTUL in Tulsa limits their signal to the south so it doesn't go past I44 to protect analog 10 in Ada. Unfortunately OKC claims almost all of the west and northwestern and central parts of the state even though their signal goes nowhere near that far.

Here is some info which may help:
http://www.highdefforum.com/showthread.php?t=14818

I am 70 mioles SE of OKC and I use the CM4228 and the CM7777 preamp and get the UHF channels just fine. For ABC which is the only VHF, I got a ??x75 from local Radioshack and plugged it into the CM777 (which handles both UHF and VHF).

The ABC is good 95% of the time depending on weather fluctuations.

Go Sooners.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)