Anybody ever have luck getting Amazon to waive ship fees?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepper

DVR Addict~Mad Scientist
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 16, 2004
Satsuma, AL
I'm ticked at Amazon.com right now. Granted, I should have ordered gift items earlier.

I placed an order and qualified for free shipping. However, I chose to break it up into multiple shipments (costing me more than $20 in shipping) because they told me some of the items would arrive by December 23. UPS tracking shows they arrived in the local distribution center TODAY (December 24) and won't be delivered until the 28th because of the holiday.

I feel they should refund my shipping fees because since they aren't here in time to be given as gifts, they may as well have waited until all the items could have shipped for free.

Do I have a leg to stand on here?

Check their policy. If it's a 'we do our best but nothing is granted" then you've nothing to complain about and learned an important lesson.

BTW I'm using Amazon for years and it works fine for me. For example they are the only ones who actually refunds your money quickly, even if the purchase took place on Amazon Marketplace. I think it's great that you don't have to deal with slow or fraudulent sellers but Amazon steps in, refunds your money then they deal with the bogus seller later.

Sorry your stuff didnt arrive on time, but you really dont have a leg to stand on. This time of year, you must either order early or pay for expedited shipping.

I placed two separate orders on 12/10. Amazon stated that if I selected Super-Saver Shipping, my items would arrive by 12/24. I was getting a little worried on 12/23 when their Order Status page said these items were "Shipping Soon". Well, wouldnt ya know it, they sent the items out for Next Day Delivery and I received them on the morning of the 24th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)