Anybody get the new People mag...I mean TV Guide yet?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

bnaivar

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 4, 2003
Atlanta, GA
What the Hell happened to TV Guide? I got the "New" TV Guide in the mail yesterday and immediately cancelled my subscription. I want TV channel listings. You know, what's on, where, and when. Just try finding it in this new rag. :eek: :no :(

The TV guide you knew and loved is no more.

Now they only post two editions, a east coast and west coast version. It is now an entertainment magazine and no longer a TV Guide.

Another era gone (Poof!)

I use to love getting TV guide, I remember my favorite issue was the fall preview issue so I could see what new cartoons were going to be airing on Saturday Mornings. (Anyone remember Saturday morning cartoons? Anyone remember Saturday morning cartoons while eating suger coated cerial? :D)

Scott Greczkowski said:
I use to love getting TV guide, I remember my favorite issue was the fall preview issue so I could see what new cartoons were going to be airing on Saturday Mornings. (Anyone remember Saturday morning cartoons? Anyone remember Saturday morning cartoons while eating suger coated cerial? :D)

yes :)

I also liked to get the "Outstate MN" edition because it was cool. It had listings for Duluth, Rochester, Mankato and LaCrosse all in one edition :)

I didn't get my new issue of TV Guide yet, but I'm sure I won't like it. No local listings? That's crazy, especially for the large swath of the country they're ignoring by only publishing Eastern and Pacific editions. If their arguement is that most subscribers and readers get local listings from online, on-set or newspaper sources, then why have listings at all? Merge the good parts of TV Guide with Inside TV. After all, if you're going to destroy what could be called an institution, go all the way and be really, really bold. A TV Guide without listings... it could become like a computer without a floppy drive. Then again, it could also become like New Coke. My guess is the latter.

Since I don't subscribe to digital cable, all I can get from Comcast's scrolling channel giude is two channels at a time with two thirds of the screen taken up with ads. It takes longer than most programs last to see what's on all the channels. :mad:

hdtvtechno said:
Whats the fuss about, why are you guys complaining ?

Thinking of three things

1 Satellite
2 Cable Tv
3 TV with built in TV Guide Plus, whatever they call it :)

There are some OTA channels I get that Dish won't carry (or I can't get via Dish) :D
Dont have cable
TV doesn't have that option

I like the new TV guide. More colors added and bigger pages.
One of my new favorite shows is now the Commander in Chief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)