Anybody get their HD rebate yet?

MichaelC

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 22, 2004
MA
I had a 622 installed on June 10 with the HD Silver package. I sent my rebate form in with my first statement, must be 2 months ago. I have yet to receive the HD rebate or the bonus rebate. I called a CSR and all they say is we don't have it yet. I'm not happy about it. I think I should of got it by now, unless they lost it.

Thanks for posting this....I have been thinking of starting a thread with the same question.

My "install" (and I use the word loosely, no pun intended) was 6/14 or thereabouts. I promptly sent in my form with a photocopy of BOTH sides of my first bill. The credit (I'm supposed to get $20/month for 10 months) was NOT on my second bill but I'm waiting for my third. I'm ASSUMING I'll get it then.

If it's not on the third bill then I'm calling Dish. And if I can't get anywhere that way I think future Gov. Spitzer would be interested (he might as well be good for something). :)

=NLK=

Maineiac said:
Received my rebate within two weeks of they received my 942
I think he is talking about the $10/month for 10 months rebate for upgrading to the new HD Metal packages. Not the $100 rebate for sending in a 942 or 921.

Better off Calling

I had to call in regarding mine.

Apparently they use a 3rd party company to handle the rebates. They were showing receipt of my forms - but DISH wasn't.

I called them - they notified DISH - and my next bill the 1st of 10 discounts was there. It definitely won't hurt to call.

Hmm I had two friends just sign up with Dish and I think one of them gotten his. The other getting his Dish installed today..

I called a CSR when I got my second statement and no rebate was applied. Lady stated the rebate form was received, but they take 6 - 8 weeks to process it. So, it's more like the third, possibly fourth statement that the rebate will kick in.

Len4 said:
I called a CSR when I got my second statement and no rebate was applied. Lady stated the rebate form was received, but they take 6 - 8 weeks to process it. So, it's more like the third, possibly fourth statement that the rebate will kick in.

I called the rebate center when the $20 didn't show on my third bill. Woman said she "couldn't do anything about it" but you need to wait 8-10 weeks and it should show up on the next bill. Probably figured it was the best way to get me off the phone.

Given the incompetence and deviousness I've observed relative to rebates with other companies I expect no less from Dish so I imagine I will need to get back and really scream at them when my next bill comes in and it doesn't show the rebate (or it shows $10 instead of $20). But I'll wait until then since I have a lot to do right now.

=NLK=
(dreading having to deal with this kind of thing yet again)

Still no rebate, what is the number of the rebate center?

"$10/month for 10 months rebate for upgrading to the new HD Metal packages."

I got my upgrade in June. Mailed the rebate form right away.

Not very happy with Dish. Is this some kind of Rebate scam?

We are talking about a $100 rebate. We all need to be calling and emailing dish on this one. They probably figure some will forget about the rebate and that savings will go to there bottom line.

Last edited:
Funny you should ask :)

I upgraded June 14th to get National Geographic HD, the only mpeg4 channel I wanted. After the upgrade (and the installer warned me about terrible signal fluctuations) I soon became very annoyed...every time I tried to watch 9429 the signal would drop to 30-40...pixelation, picture loss...about 10 minutes every half hour. Any way 8 service calls later I ended up with a 24" dish which boosted the signal 10 points to 72-80, but didn't cure the signal drop and picture loss; then, a couple of weeks ago DISH moved 9429 to tp 30 from 22 which gained another 10 points to 92, but still hasn't cured the signal drop and picture loss, but it is not as frquent and long in duration.

REBATE...ack!!!!!!!! After 2 months of waiting what shows up in the mail--my completed rebate form--RETURNED TO ME--with a letter noting that my account was INACTIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Part of the rebate that I sent in was a copy of my statement with account # for $112. HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

So, here it is September 25th--the new statement showed up today with my 1st HD upgrade $10 credit. Again the upgrade was June 14th !!

PS--Last week my DISH program guide magazine for October showed up, well, sorta--I received 2 covers--no gude, just 2 covers!!!!

they say on the rebate form that it takes 8-10 weeks to process .. so figure 10 weeks from the date you mailed them the form .. once the 10 weeks has passed the rebate should appear on your next bill - if it does not then i would start shouting loud down the phone ...

I'm going to hit 10 weeks on Monday ... I have already called and confirmed that they have recd and ok'd the rebate ... so am expecting it to show on my next statement ... have to say on the two occasions I have contacted them about this though - they have said "yes the $100 rebate should start showing on your account from your next statement" - As i went with HD - i gently remind them that it should be $200 and get the "ahh yes - $20 per month - should be applied to your next bill though"

I can't say I'm holding out much hope that even if it does show on my next statement - they will get it right ...

I'm going to send them whatever the amount due is less the $20 and tell them to figure out where the missing $20 on my payment should come from ... that should be good for a laugh ...

:D

My upgrade/install was on June 17th. I likewise mailed in my rebate form and materials over two months ago and am in the same boat...and called a week or so ago and go the same 'give it 10 weeks' from the CSR.

I hope it wasn't runaround. I'm a good (read profitable) E* customer...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)