Anybody got a CS8000 set up with a motor?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Trying to figure out if its the box or the motor...seems like once in a while the motor will stop a tad short when moving to another satellite. Bumping it once west (or east depending on which way I'm going) fixes it

This is using the Coolsat 5000 right now

Thought about using the 8000 as the motorized so I can listen to PBS through the TV. Right now its slaved...Yes I know of the no blind scan and stuff but I have other ideas for that :)

So is anybody using a Coolsat 8000 with a motorized setup (as in the 8000 is set up for USALS &/or Diseqc 1.2) :) and if so how well does it work?

Tony,
I've had my CS8000 a couple months now, running a 90 dish/Stab hh90 motor combo. I haven't had that sort of problem. The USALS seems to work well . You now the characteristics of the CS8000 better than I do, but I'm confident in it's USALS ability.
I can't speak for the receiver working with a SG2100, though. I have a 80cm/SG2100 setup working on my Merc II. Over time, I HAVE had more problems with the SG2100 than the STABS motor, but the problems have always been solved by resetting the motor and receiver several times, and starting over. [edit] I have no problem putting my HH90/90cm combo on any receiver, and having it work right away. That is NOT true for the SG2100 . I'm pretty sure it's a function of the encoder of the STABS motors, that they are very well suited to USALS operation .
:)

ok...I think it might be the receiver then. The 5000 just recently seems to stop what seems to be one notch early so its off by .1 or .2 of a degree. I noticed this on my true south (93) and 97 mainly but also on a few other sats that I frequently visit (74,87,91). So all of a sudden when I scan 74 I get a mix of 72 too and thats due to it being off.

I might hook up the 8000 and try it. I dont want to do a reset on the 5000 as there is too much programmed into it :)

I did try and reset the motor on Saturday but that screwed up the USALS even more. I'm at 93.3 and for it to work right I had to have longitude set to 92.5...set it for 93.3 and letr the dish move just off 93 and reset motor...now USALS is at 92.0 :mad:

I'd try the CS8000 and use just USALS . My USALS is currently 0.8 degrees off ( 85.4 instead of 86.2) but it gets everything I aim at. I had to create AMC21 at 125.6 W to get it tuned , but it works well on all target birds. Maybe let your dish be just off 93 in the other direction , and reset the motor, maybe several times ( once doesn't seem to be enough on my SG2100) remembering to power down the stb, too, each time . [edit] Even if this doesn't work , it may provide a good clue.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)