Anybody have access to 129 in NJ

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

raylock

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 4, 2006
New Jersey
To get most HD programming it appears you need a signal from either 61.5 or 129. Dish says that central NJ, where I am located, is outside the footprint of 129 so I need to receive 61.5. This is not possible because large trees block the 61.5 signal. Technical Support says that NJ is outside the 129 footprint. I'm not sure what that means exactly and the Dish tech rep wasn't sure either. Does that mean that there is not a usable signal in this area at all or does it mean that the probably of adequate receiption is low enough they don't want to waste the time of an installer to find out. I wonder if anyone in NJ is receiving a signal from 129?
Thanks
Ray

Last edited:
Due to the curvature of the Earth and the angle you would have to aim your dish, 129 is probably not sufficiently in your line of sight.

You either need to remove one of the trees or raise your dish to a height and angle that it can see above them. I have mine mounted on my roof and I can see 61.5 with no issues (and I'm in Brielle, NJ over on the coast). There is a LOT of useful content on 61.5 (NYC LILS, Voom Channels, extra NY locals (which may be going away soon as E* moves to a single dish solution per the Congressional mandate).

BobMurdoch said:
Due to the curvature of the Earth and the angle you would have to aim your dish, 129 is probably not sufficiently in your line of sight.

You are probably correct. According to LyngSat SatTracker the elevation should be in the 15 to 16 degree area. This is not very precise since it's hard to establish a precise location on their maps. However, I don't think the sat is below the horizon.

Cutting the trees for 61.5 is out of the question since they are not on my property and the township would never allow it. I guess my options are to wait and see if there is any changes is Es configuration with the new sat or switch to Comcast.

Thanks for responding
Ray

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts