Anybody know how many DTV receivers they allow on 1 account?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

SARAHFAN

Original poster
Dec 14, 2010
just up over the hill
I have 8 receivers, have heard of some having 10 or more, was thinking of getting another for my bathroom, but do not want to rock the boat.

Also does anybody know of any reliable place where I can order a basic SD DTV receiver to Canada. I am talking brand new, never used with sealed card. The place I got my 8 is no more.

Other than ebay.

ranmic said:
Sweet! I've considered that before. LOL

It's not so crazy. I know a gal with hair all the way down her back who had TV in the bathroom for while she straightened her hair.

But seriously, if they're not flagging you at 8, I doubt they'll put up a fuss about 9.

Have you tried calling Dishstore, the site sponsor? They do D* now, you could always call and ask about shipping.

I am in negotiations with a couple different ebayers. When I say negotiations, am talking shipping charges. For sure I am only after basic SD unit that is sworn to be brand new never used with sealed card.

No limit to the best of my knowledge
Did an upgrade for a guy with 12 DVR's
He actually has them at multiple locations (all legit and all his) but on the same account.
He never had an issue.

Why not just mirror an existing receiver to a TV in there?

The Directv audit team will contact you once you go over the 8 limit. Unless you are a business.

DirecTV has an audit team?

I have 7 receivers now, ( 5 bedrooms, 4 kids, wife, etc ) I was thinking about re-activating a owned D10-300 I turned off sometime back when I got another HD IRD.

When I was upgraded to a HD DVR in 2009, the installer kinda looked hard at my receivers and set-up before I told him that I had a 2nd dish on the back of my house for some of my receivers. ( my house was built in 1961 and has been added on twice. It was easier for me to install a 2nd dish than run cable from the front of the house to the back. )

anyway I've never heard about this "8" limit before.....

One of the reasons DirecTv wants phone lines hooked up is for security purposes.
If they all ping the same number, they know they are in the same house.
That being said, if somebody does have an abundance of receivers and they are all hooked to the same number then there is no need to contact the customer.
However, if they ping 2 or more different numbers it will throw up some red flags.
This is one of the reasons they only care if we hook one receiver up to a phone on a SWM system as it will ping them all.

That being said, I imagine they do contact customers (maybe just randomly) with multiple receivers if they don't have phone connections to them.
They probably dive a lot deeper on those who have receivers hooked to multiple phone numbers.

Don't know how they would react to an account with a Canadian phone number.

I have 7 receivers now, ( 5 bedrooms, 4 kids, wife, etc ) I was thinking about re-activating a owned D10-300 I turned off sometime back when I got another HD IRD.
Consider waiting until after the monthly mirroring fee goes up by $1/receiver to see if you still want to reactivate.

Consider waiting until after the monthly mirroring fee goes up by $1/receiver to see if you still want to reactivate.

Yeah the receiver fees are a hassle, but I can't get cable and DirecTV or Dish are my only options. I used to have phone lines to most of my receivers, but shut my landline phone off due to the high costs and fees they charge here.
I have a T-Mobile tower right down the road from me for the past four years and love it, full bars in the house and only one outage the past four years where the cell phones didn't work.
I do have "high speed" internet, if you can call it that. I thought about hooking my HD receivers and HD DVR to my router so they could call home, I just have to run the wires :(.

I don't know why more people don't mirror receivers.

I had one lady that lived by herself in a big house, and if I remember right, she had ordered 8 receivers.

Most people with 8 receivers could mirror at least 2 or 3 of them (of course, this lady could have mirrored all of them).

I live by myself and have 1 receiver mirrored to the bed room and about to also be mirrored to my front room that I am going to turn in to a gym.
I see no need in paying D* what is about to be an extra $150 a year for 2 more receivers since I only watch one thing at a time.

I don't know why more people don't mirror receivers.
I live by myself and have 1 receiver mirrored to the bed room and about to also be mirrored to my front room that I am going to turn in to a gym.
I see no need in paying D* what is about to be an extra $150 a year for 2 more receivers since I only watch one thing at a time.

I guess my situation is unique why I have 3 receivers and live alone. Have 2 R22's because some days there is just too much good stuff on at the same time so I need 2 DVR's (in fact right now all 4 tuners are recording). I have a H23 in the computer room with the bedroom hooked to it too. Cant get rid of the H23 because then my HD would go bye bye ;)

lol well, you seem to be a unique person :D

Will the R22's lose HD programing if you get rid of the HD receiver?

BTW, I don't even have a DVR. Just don't need that much TV.

What concerns me more though about your 2DVR's and HD receivers is all the satellite dishes you have.
Do you see lots of helicopters fly over head and see black SUV's driving by your house?
I would be willing to bet if we hacked the CIA's files, we would find satellite imagery of your house.
lol

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts