Anyone been audited lately?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

andrew110

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 12, 2010
Michigan
Since there's no savings in connecting your receiver to phone/ethernet anymore, I'm sure many have disconnected their lines. I was just wondering if the audit team still audits like they did with all the people who aren't connected now.

Actually, I've read here of people complaining about audits, but I haven't seen any in a while that were actually audited. This could be interesting.

I haven't seen or heard of people getting audited in a while either, maybe they got rid of the department?

Maybe they finally realized the price of paying the auditors isn't worth catching a few account stackers.

I added another 211 yesterday and I was read a statement that said if ALL receivers are not connected to the phone line to expect a "friendly" call to verify that all receivers were in fact on site.... So all of my receivers are connected to the phone line.

I added another 211 yesterday and I was read a statement that said if ALL receivers are not connected to the phone line to expect a "friendly" call to verify that all receivers were in fact on site.... So all of my receivers are connected to the phone line.
why don't you disconnect the phone line and see what happens...:)
<portion removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
As usual, it was still a huge waste of my time.

I believe this is when you go into slow country boy mode. Ask lots of dumb questions and act like your a very slow person.

"Well Jr's not home and he's the one I reckon that turns the tv on for me you know its one of them flat ones with all those Christmas lights in it"
:)

I believe this is when you go into slow country boy mode. Ask lots of dumb questions and act like your a very slow person.

"Well Jr's not home and he's the one I reckon that turns the tv on for me you know its one of them flat ones with all those Christmas lights in it"

Then they shut you off and tell you to have Junior call them back to get it reinstated.... The NAZIs are like that.

Oh, I LIKE that! :D

I've never been through an audit, at least not this kind. So here's a dumb country boy question: If not all of my receivers are connected to phone lines any longer, and if I know all my "R" and "S" numbers and can read them off, what else will they hit me with? FW update numbers? Switch matrix info?

They will want to know the location ID number from each receiver. That number changes every 10 minutes so you cannot write it down,

I don't understand - what is an audit

Basically it's Dish wanting to know where your receivers are. If they are hooked to a phone line or the internet, they will get their information that way. If not, they call you and have you running around the whole house telling them certain numbers from the receivers. They tell you what they want and how to get it.

As stated earlier, it is a PITA.

Had a bad phone line connected to the new 211. Came home today and the receiver was disabled from receiving any programming. Called in and they noticed the 211 was set up them disabled last night. I asked if the bad phone cable was the problem. No answer to that question.

211 is authorized again. Let's see what happens...

I'm one of those slow country boys. Is what you're saying that if I have two receivers I have to have both hooked up to the phone line? If yes, does that mean Dish installs the phone line to the second receiver?

Basically it's Dish wanting to know where your receivers are. If they are hooked to a phone line or the internet, they will get their information that way. If not, they call you and have you running around the whole house telling them certain numbers from the receivers. They tell you what they want and how to get it.

As stated earlier, it is a PITA.

You can get audited even if all your receivers are connected to a phone line.

For example, if your service address is listed in databases as a commercial address, rather than a residential address, then the audit team will think that either a) you are a business who is trying to get away with using a residential account for commercial purposes, or b) you are in Canada or Mexico and the commercial address is a "broker".

About 2 weeks ago I moved to Fiber Optics for internet and VOIP for phone so at the moment I have no way to get a phone connection to my dish receiver.

I've had dish for many years, originally when I first started with them I didn't know about the connected phone line requirement and had a run in about it, since then I've had it connected with no problems until the recent move to VOIP.

I am researching wireless phone jacks which is what let me here as I thought they still charged the $5 fee for not having a line connected. I've read here that's not the case anymore, is that in fact confirmed true? I do miss my CID on screen but I can live without it if I won't be getting charged the fee.

If that's not the case and they still charge the fee what's the best method to get connection to my receiver, best wireless jack or other method. My internet is fiber optics with no modem, just a line connection and I have a linksys wireless router. Also If I'm going to this expense and trouble I'd like my CID on my tv screen back.

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)